What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New tune - supposed to be 80's?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

thedeadsoul
KVRist

197 posts since 22 Oct, 2009, from Bandung, Indonesia

Postby thedeadsoul; Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:45 pm New tune - supposed to be 80's?

Dear all,

I was aiming for an 80's tune when I made this, but after adding some sounds, I'm not entirely sure if it's still 80's anymore :)

Here's the link to soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/road

and soundclick

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12735265

Comments are always welcome, enjoy..!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
Genetic_Junk
KVRAF

2504 posts since 21 Dec, 2004

Postby Genetic_Junk; Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm Re: New tune - supposed to be 80's?

Piano is very nice. I think the drums and bass are a bit too mechanical. Need more variation in the timing and timbre, at least when they are solo.

Guitar solo is programmed or chopped up well. If it is programmed, what library did you use?

Overall it has nice relaxing feel. :)

All in IMHO.
thedeadsoul
KVRist

Postby thedeadsoul; Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 pm Re: New tune - supposed to be 80's?

@Genetic_Junk: cheers, many thanks for the comment, appreciate it..! Yes, the bass and drums indeed sound too mechanical. It was in purpose, actually. But I also realize it may sound a bit annoying for some listeners :) So thanks again for the feedback, important to know this.

As for the guitar, I used Dimension Pro for VST and then played live with the keyboard.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
seismic1
KVRAF

6713 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:17 am Re: New tune - supposed to be 80's?

I think you could safely say that this fits the '80s descriptor. Nothing on here sounds out of place to me. Nice work with the guitar sounds. the pitch bends sounded realistic.

Good work :)
thedeadsoul
KVRist

Postby thedeadsoul; Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 am Re: New tune - supposed to be 80's?

@seismic1: cheers, Tim, many thanks..! Glad the 80s vibe and the guitar play are delivered well :-)

Best,
Adi/ Thedeadsoul

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe