Synth/Effects (mixing) Bundles Suggestions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use pretty much Komplete 9 ultimate at the moment. I've slimmed down my collection alot. One thing I regret is getting rid of Omnisphere/Trillian. I'm really bad at mixing an was wondering if anyone had a recommendations for mix plugins? All I really hear about is waves and sound noise. Also, if you have any packages similar to NI Komplete or IK multimedia synth bundle I would appreciate the feedback. I tried my friends IK multimedia synth collection and didn't like it. Thanks.

Fabfilter hands down, everything you need and products that are well recommended over and over again.

IMO I would get DMG Audio over Fabfilter. Equilibrium and Compassion are two of the best tools out there! They are pretty easy to use, but can be as complex as you need them and both will last you a long time. I don't think you will really need any other EQ or dynamics processor after that.

If your going to school you can also get 50% off by getting an educational licence from DMG Audio. http://dmgaudio.com/edu.php so that would only cost you $250.00 for the Equilibrium and Compassion bundle.

Some other essential mixing tools I would recommend would be Cytomic The Drop & The Glue. The Drop is a killer analog style filter and The Glue is a Bus comp which is one of the best SSL Bus comp emulations on the market IMO.

As for synthesizers.. well

I really recommend anything by Fxpansion! However if you have NI Komplete your pretty much loaded with some great synthesizers!
:borg:

beatmangler443 wrote:I use pretty much Komplete 9 ultimate at the moment. I've slimmed down my collection alot. One thing I regret is getting rid of Omnisphere/Trillian. I'm really bad at mixing an was wondering if anyone had a recommendations for mix plugins? All I really hear about is waves and sound noise. Also, if you have any packages similar to NI Komplete or IK multimedia synth bundle I would appreciate the feedback. I tried my friends IK multimedia synth collection and didn't like it. Thanks.
Hey beatmangler,

mi first thought when you said you are bad at mixing: find free stuff you feel comfortable with and start using them. That should keep you busy for a while and you will learn all the differences in dynamic processing and fx usage. Once you have found some you like learn all the ins and outs. If you have reached a point where you feel you need different tools for a specific task but could not find a free solution then the time has come to think about buying some advanced stuff.

Same goes for synths. Find some free first and if you could nail down a sound you like look for a commercial one that fits your needs.

Now my 2cts on the IK Multimedia Studio Bundle:

Luckily I bought it last year on "Black Friday Cyber Monday Somethingy Day" for only a fraction of it`s regular price (75% off). I was not interested in the whole Sampletank/-synth etc bundle but mostly interested in the Classic Studio Reverbs and the Miroslav Philharmonic. But tbh I was very surprised about the rest of the bundle especially the T-Racks stuff.

At first the whole Samplsomething plug ins are not "real synths" but romplers. Comparable to the Komplete suite but not that versatile. If you are looking for some non rompler synths you won´t find them here. Though if you have some experience in sound design and synth usage you could easily use the whole Sampletank suite as a synth. The samples are your oscillators and iirc they come with 30+ fx (and most of them pretty dang good btw). But again, if you are looking for a synth with a classic oscillator section look elsewhere.

But the FX are the things that make up this whole package. If you are looking for some "Hardware Inspired" stuff which mostly comes whith lots of color then T-Racks is your friend. Soundwise I like them more then other companies. But we are talking about "recreations" of existing hardware here.

I think the Total Studio Bundle is a great deal for someone who wanna have some HW inspired stuff. Look elsewhere if you need some clean & transparent thingies.

Perhaps you need some "pure digital" stuff like a compressor that can do things only digital comps can do and could not be done in the analog domain? If you can come up with that kind of questions I think then it´s the time to look for some commercial stuff. Until then use free stuff.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Took a quick look at the Komplete 9 ultimate bundle (sry, don´t own it): why do you need more? You should cover most if not even everything you are looking for:FM8, Monark, Absynth, Massive etc... That´s industry standard. Plus a heap of fx.

I would recommend you to learn using the Komplete 9 ultimate fx first. Other stuff won´t help you that much right now. You would only burn more money at this point.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I'm a fan of the D16 bundle: 2 great synths, 3 drum machines, and a lot of great effects, especially Syntorus, Fazortan, and Decimort. My only complaint is that Sigmund eats up 20% of my cpu.

I want K9 myself and waiting on the next sale. got the total studio on the blow out sale deal they had and it rocks but more is always merrier. Sonar x3 has a lot of extras if that is your DAW I would be using its pro channel stuff over most any 3rd party plugins. valhalla plugins are supposedly great so I might add that reverb. nebula is a possibility if you a nice powerful GPU.

Synth wise add synthmaster it rocks I have it and the Nori presets all smoke, OPX, VB3, AAS modeling collection, DIVA, Korg legacy collection, arturia v collection, East West complete composers collection and g force minimonsta. That rounds out my wishlist there.

Return to “Instruments”