Path (Desert-Rock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Did you visit California? The sound reminds me a bit of the Red Hot Chili Peppers... :D

Yes, I've been to San Francisco :) A while ago though.
Symphony Nr.1

I really liked the "lazy" feel associated with this. It certainly conjured images of stifling heat, and possibly a little too much tequila. Desert-rock sounds about right. I loved the guitars, and the way that those heavy drums kept starting up and stopping (as if the drummer thought "it's too hot for this !"%^"). Most enjoyable.

Good work :)

"Lazy" feel hits the spot. Very "cinematic" in the picture evoking sense, slow steady movement, with short bursts of energy release, then stumbling back into slow pace.

Quite enjoyable. Criticism: guitar lead is on the piercing side with all its twang. Could be toned down slightly.
And something athmospheric like this needs a proper ending!

Good stuff.

Hey, thx Mr. Seismic and Senor Nasenmann,

your feedback is really appreciated :)

@seismic: Wow, a really nice description of what could have been for the drum-part.
To be honest it seemed a bit too obvious to have the rhythm going on after the breaks with crashes and fills therefore better more cutting out.

@nasenmann: I get your points, it's massive lead-twang indeed. And yes the end is just one possibility of an end as there was no other idea, so yeah, maybe "lazy" fits :hihi:
Symphony Nr.1

Just try going for a minimal athmospheric ending where the sounds get sorta ethereal and drawn out and fade into nothingness, or into some desert-like ambience.

Admittedly, that's like my no.1 copout way of ending a tune :hihi: but it could work quite well here.

Btw, looks like the search engine spiders spun some webs in your thread as well :)
Might have to do with generic descriptors like "Rock", or "House" in my case...

Great vibe to this, reminds me of those tracks Bob Dylan did with the music that winds it's way along without hurrying to get there. Got that feel down pat. Excellent to listen to on a warm day here. Is that a rattle snake sound? ;)

Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Good stuff. Thanks, thomekk.
No longer a moderator.

Allomerus wrote:Great vibe to this, reminds me of those tracks Bob Dylan did with the music that winds it's way along without hurrying to get there. Got that feel down pat. Excellent to listen to on a warm day here. Is that a rattle snake sound? ;)

Well done! :)
Thx Allomerus,

great that you liked the track so far. I have seen a real rattle snake this week, but no snakesound was used for the tune :lol:
Symphony Nr.1

D.H. Miltz wrote:Good stuff. Thanks, thomekk.
Thanks a lot for givening it a listen :)
Symphony Nr.1

Return to “Music Cafe”