Allomerus - Greatest Show On Earth.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greatest Show On Earth
This track is about conflict and the many phases of conflict. The first section illustrates a peaceful and glorious earth but with an undercurrent bubbling along.
The main section in the middle shows different phases of conflict with the uncertainty rage and fluctuations in hope.
The last section is the aftermath where people are tired and things are broken but there is still hope.

Unfortunately this is a clown free zone. ;)

Thanks to those that give it a listen.
John

https://soundcloud.com/allomerus/the-gr ... w-on-earth

John Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass and Vocals
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion
Last edited by Allomerus on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

always enjoy your unique brand of electronica mixed with heavy metal. this one had it all. excellent production and the vox effects were great! your guitar playing was slick as usual over fine drumming as well. i sat back for the ride with all its twists and turns till i reached the peacful, final destination. well done, sir :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great track. I loved the synth intro with its different layers, which contained SciFi hints with darkness and light present in equal measure. Then the track moves into a guitar driven phase which sees us back in more familiar Allomerus territory, playing with timesig changes, propelled by some great work on the drums, before restating the main theme again. There's even a nice drone underneath that section. I loved the ending where the modified theme played on more "natural" sounding instruments and without the rhythmic element signs off with a more human and hopeful vibe.

Good work :)

Wow! That had it all. Soothing moments to death metal. It's like you took us around the world in 10 minutes. I think I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke. :lol:

Lots of great details in each section and the whole thing hung together even though it was very diverse. Well mixed too. Excellent. :clap:

layzer wrote:always enjoy your unique brand of electronica mixed with heavy metal. this one had it all. excellent production and the vox effects were great! your guitar playing was slick as usual over fine drumming as well. i sat back for the ride with all its twists and turns till i reached the peacful, final destination. well done, sir :tu:
Thanks layzer! I had a lot of fun with the vocals and investigating how to make that sound! :D
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:Great track. I loved the synth intro with its different layers, which contained SciFi hints with darkness and light present in equal measure. Then the track moves into a guitar driven phase which sees us back in more familiar Allomerus territory, playing with timesig changes, propelled by some great work on the drums, before restating the main theme again. There's even a nice drone underneath that section. I loved the ending where the modified theme played on more "natural" sounding instruments and without the rhythmic element signs off with a more human and hopeful vibe.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim! I found a great drone app for the iPad called 'Drone FX' which i played with while on holidays in Jaunary. Something new for me but a lot of fun...

The piano at the end is samples from John Cage's prepared piano which I used here as it sounds broken! :)

And of course Paul's drumming is spot on as usual, giving life to the track.
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:Wow! That had it all. Soothing moments to death metal. It's like you took us around the world in 10 minutes. I think I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke. :lol:

Lots of great details in each section and the whole thing hung together even though it was very diverse. Well mixed too. Excellent. :clap:
Thanks Frantz! While there are distinct sections there are several motifs running through the whole thing which I think helps with this. :)

Love your cigarette comment. :D (Don't smoke myself either...)
Bandcamp

the descript sure gets the head cinema activated in the right direction, nice feature track. you sure are great with those menacing guitar riffs and as a former drummer I appreciate the kick work by the kit man!
cool stuff

wavephonic wrote:the descript sure gets the head cinema activated in the right direction, nice feature track. you sure are great with those menacing guitar riffs and as a former drummer I appreciate the kick work by the kit man!
cool stuff
Thanks wavephonic! The kit man is my brother Paul. I'll let him know about your comment! :) :band:
Bandcamp

Cool stuff!

You seem to have a knack of chucking together a bunch of things I don't normally care for and making me quite like it anyway.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Another great audio journey John, enjoyed the ride!

:hihi: Thought for sure when I saw the title that we were headed for clowns again.
Image Image

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Cool stuff!

You seem to have a knack of chucking together a bunch of things I don't normally care for and making me quite like it anyway.
Thanks THG! I like to throw different things together and try to make something different, so it's great to read your comment! :)
Bandcamp

polyslax wrote:Another great audio journey John, enjoyed the ride!

:hihi: Thought for sure when I saw the title that we were headed for clowns again.
Thanks Matt! Don't worry this is a 'Clown free Zone' but it is on the same album as 'Clowns in Charge'. This track is more about the conflict caused by the clowns...

;)
Bandcamp

Hi John,
this is r e a l l y the greatest Show on earth!

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

All the best

M.

M.Brösel wrote:Hi John,
this is r e a l l y the greatest Show on earth!

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

All the best

M.
Thanks M. ! You are too kind, but your comment is greatly appreciated... :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”