Polyslax - To Say Goodbye

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Droney groove ambient piano, machinedrum and synth.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/to-say-goodbye
Image Image

Hi polyslax. Wonderfully dynamic piece here. Great rhythmic and melodic sounds: scissor movement, water drops, deep bass drums, and gentle piano to distorted reverb swells.

Hi there Junk, nice to read you! :)

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it.
Image Image

Really enjoyed this track Matt. Very relaxing but with an undertone of disquiet . I guess when you say goodbye it isn't always clean and tidy... Sitar is a great little touch.
The little distorted sounds and the dive bomb are excellent!
Great track. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

This is a beautiful track, Matt.
I particularly enjoyed the panned piano, as if they were talking to each other.
Like all your tracks, it's complex without being complicated and every listen brings out new details.
Liked.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Many thanks guys!
Image Image

I've played it 3 or 4 times now. It gets better each time. I love all the little groove variations, the piano parts are great, and the synths are nicely integrated. The drone that rises in intensity about 2/3 of the way through is very effective, and made me think of Scotland. Great dynamics on here, with some nice breaks and a killer drop at 3:30. Great mix too.

Good work :)

Beautifully haunting and a great atmosphere all round.
I must concur on the dynamics being quite wonderful adding to the lilting nature of the piano which juxtaposes everything else wonderfully.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Cheers Tim + Oscar!

Scotland eh? I like that. :)
Image Image

On my third listen. Wonderful. This one's a keeper. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

i'm loving it! some of the elements seem masterfully detuned. :) a beautiful picture on soundcloud, too!

Thanks very much guys! Glad you enjoyed.

Took that pic in Montreal a few weeks ago.
Image Image

Good track you got here! Musical and every part has it own thing :)

Thanks Syntza!
Image Image

Lot to like here. The contrast in sounds and their placement in the stereo field is nice. Lovely little ticky hat sounds up front. The snare sounds like it's about 30 feet away :-) Nice mellow, muted piano. I'm enjoying it here as the sun comes up. I'm in a northern climate but thank god we lost our snow a couple weeks back.

Return to “Music Cafe”