absolute softest and warmest synth in existence?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
chk071 wrote:Give Waldorf Largo a go. You can demo it for 30 days without limitations, only have to install the eLicenser software. Sounds soft and warm to my ears, at least for the VA part. :)

this is out now. no x64.
If you want to give it some time, 64-bit versions of the Waldorf plugins are announced to be released this summer i think. But doesn't your host have a bridge?
Currently in Beta with good progresses:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=405051

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

chk071 wrote:
Now these, contrary to the videos you posted before, sound pretty modern. I'd rather go for a decent softsynths with a lot of unison then... Sylenth, Massive, Dune, whatever.
Yep, if this is what you want you will be disappointed with Diva. Dune CM is cheap/free. Personally, I think that Komplete is the answer because you'll get Massive, FM8, and Monark which pretty much hit all the bases, plus, you get a whole bunch of other stuff. However, sylenth is damn cheap and really popular with guys doing those kinds of sounds. I really have no idea why it's so popular, but it is.

In terms of "warm2 and "soft" there are indeed many choices. Best seems to be a real analog synth.

The warmest synth i ever experienced was maybe a real Jupiter 8.
The Jupiter modules in Diva and also Arturia jupiter 8V are quite good to recreate that sound while they are maybe not perfect.

One of my favorite softsynths is Saurus and it could quite easily do some really "warm" and soft sounds too.

Also the free OBXD synth could do some extremely warm and soft sounds, especially pads.

Speaking about "digital warmth" i mostly get a "warm2 and "cosy" feeling with some of the pads from my Wavestation EX (comparable with the plugin but not exactly the same for me...). :hug: :love:

Of course like also some wavtetable synths it could also sound "glassy" and "typical" digital.

Finally the impression of a "warm" or "soft" sound also depends mostly on the sounds you create. Even a real analog synth could sound very harsh and/or "metallic" if you are able to program it that way (e.g. by cranking up Cutoff and/or Resonance or using FM and/or a Ring Mod). In a multimode filter it could also dpend on which filter mode (e.g. LPF, BPF, HPF, Notch) you use.
With a Comb filter like in e.g. Largo it seems to be more difficult to get a "warm" or "soft" result but i do not think it is it's intended use in that case. In fact in the Comb filter the Cutoff is more for getting different timbres, much more than with e.g. a LPF.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

definitely something from Ensoniq can overheat and burn you to the touch

DIVA & Zebra I think you get more softness out of Zebra.

Polyphonic unison or multiple waves per voice, as well as true stereo might be good as the spacey quality automatically adds softness in my view. Since you got a new computer, you probably want to use only 64-bit stuff. But for my slower computer I found the old 32-bit Superwave P80 a surprisingly good and cheap solution :)

just bought omnisphere through american music supply 3 easy payment plan. and that's the game! what do i win?

AstralExistence wrote:just bought omnisphere through american music supply 3 easy payment plan. and that's the game! what do i win?
:o

Ingonator wrote: The warmest synth i ever experienced was maybe a real Jupiter 8.
I really do realize that people have quite a contrary perception of what is warm and what not. :) I read more than once that the Jupiter is considered to be on the colder side of analog. But then, no idea, because i never played one, but it's funny how different the opinions are. Warm for me is a nice bottom end supersaw pad, low pass filtered with some resonance. The kind of thing which gets you a warm feeling in the stomach. :) No idea if that's the general definition of warmness though.

chk071 wrote:
Ingonator wrote: The warmest synth i ever experienced was maybe a real Jupiter 8.
I really do realize that people have quite a contrary perception of what is warm and what not. :) I read more than once that the Jupiter is considered to be on the colder side of analog. But then, no idea, because i never played one, but it's funny how different the opinions are. Warm for me is a nice bottom end supersaw pad, low pass filtered with some resonance. The kind of thing which gets you a warm feeling in the stomach. :) No idea if that's the general definition of warmness though.
I agree with that notion. The Jupiter 8 does not exactly stand for warmth, it had a more edgy European-Japanese sound. It sounded very good and interesting, though.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:just bought omnisphere through american music supply 3 easy payment plan. and that's the game! what do i win?
i think i know what i win. escape from a 6 year creativity drought. if i cant make and complete a song with omnisphere, then i give up the ship!

The softest synth in existence is obviously the wonderful Chimera by Majiken. What do you expect from a synth based on filtered white noise? Its pads are like goose-feather pillows.

AstralExistence wrote:
i think i know what i win. escape from a 6 year creativity drought. if i cant make and complete a song with omnisphere, then i give up the ship!
ok, have fun

AstralExistence wrote:
ok, have fun
im drooling over it.

AstralExistence wrote:i think i know what i win. escape from a 6 year creativity drought. if i cant make and complete a song with omnisphere, then i give up the ship!
Save your time and pack it in.

Return to “Instruments”