The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KrisM wrote:
tapper mike wrote:I hope this thread doesn't die out to early. Some of you are going to have to buy more guitars to populate the thread.
quiet you!

Atleast someone is trying.
CapnLockheed wrote:
And I'm working on acquiring this guitar. This baby was made by Jon Kammerer. I got to meet Jon and play a couple of his early prototypes at Bill Carter's Golden Frets in Carbondale, IL back in the day.

I'm sure Eric is more then willing to offer suggestions on great guitar buys.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

today it's my ESP/LTD MG-350FR

Now it has an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 60 in the neck, also not in the picture but I added two switches between the volume and tone. One is an EMG PA-2 (which I never have on) and the second is an 18/9v switch. I love the neck on this guitar and the neck-thru, this is the guitar I play the most :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'd imagine it cuts like a sharp knife thru soft butter. It looks like a shredders delight.

I'm cheating and posting shots of one on ebay.com.au that's just come up for auction from a leading Aussie luthier. It's a fundraiser for a lady friend of his who's just developed MS...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

He winds his own pick ups too. They're on this thing.

Been a strange couple of days on ebay here.. 6 x Washburn PS 2000's on offer from two sellers.
Bloody tempting I tell you...one is surfaced with Swarovski crystals for 10K AUD. The one I'm tempted by is a flame top job at 2.5K. Others are at 7K and 4.5K etc...
An Ovation deacon followed by an Ovation Breadwinner..We don't see stuff like that very often at all.

The pictured dragon and snake skin has been listed for an hour. It's over $1800 already and there's 9 days 23 hours to go..17 bids in first hour...sigh.

Ebay listing for info on timbers used etc..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ormsby-Custo ... 3a4&_uhb=1

Bottom of the page has sound bytes...amazing bit of kit that...wow!

werp wrote:Bottom of the page has sound bytes...amazing bit of kit that...wow!
it's cute f'sure

can i post if i only have one guitar :scared:

Please do.

I used to have only one guitar that i poured myself into. In many ways I missed those days.

One more sleep and I can post pics of my new one :hyper: I've paid for it and it arrived in the store today but I can not get a ride there and back until tomorrow which was semi-frustrating but heck I'm too patient to let less than 24 hours get me all pissed off :lol:

Is it cool to post pics of our collections over a period of time? I'd gladly do that with a bit of a reason for why I have and like each...Else mine would mostly look like too many 'super strat' types if I did it in one go!

This is driving me nuts. I've got an okay sanyo video camera with 5mp still and I can't take a sharp pic to save my life. I focus on the headstoc and it wants to focus on the balcony's rail.

Anyway. Here's my Godin Freeway SA
freeway.jpg
SA denotes "synth access" eg 13 pin roland. I'm fairly certain that the 13pin is ghost rider, not RMC or Fishman (it's older) It's not a "3 way) like other Godin solid bodies (does not have piezo out)

The neck is a joy to play however it is not without faults.
I've got the factory setup for the Godin brand magnetic pickups. Positions 2,3 and 4 have exactly the same output while positions 1 and 5 have a lower output. It has a rather pronounced "snappy" out of phase sound on positions 2 and 5. I've mentioned this before. it's darker sounding and the dunlop "wylde" strings didn't help if anything it made the sound less desirable to be but,,, I'm too cheap to buy something brighter like GHS and stick them on it for now. The neck is magical to me. A shallow "C" with a slight radius. The harmonics are almost non existant for some reason. My hero Walter Becker (Steely Dan) has one of these and he'll occasionally pull it out for a few songs when playing live with Steely Dan or apart on his solo stuff.. It's punchy sounding without being woofy. Which occasionally comes in handy.

The SA on the freeway is almost the exact opposite as the SA and the ACS Multilac. The neck still has an inconsistent output however on the freeway it likes to play louder with more sustain as you move up the neck (as opposed to the multilac which tends to die off as you move up the neck) The output is... repressed. While I'll never get a mystery ghost note from nowwhere it doesn't have either the dynamic range of a fishman triple play or a GK. I've never tried on a GR55 so I don't know if the new GR settings can accomodate for this type of setup to give a full and balanced out.

The sound is very compressed and boxy/punchy. No Butler Tube driver needed to pull the meat out. I use it when I want something slightly darker but not warm. I've thought long and hard about replacing the pickups but in my estimation if I can't get a decent harmonic out of it acoustically then I'm not going to get it by jacking in a brighter sounding pickup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:One more sleep and I can post pics of my new one :hyper: I've paid for it and it arrived in the store today but I can not get a ride there and back until tomorrow which was semi-frustrating but heck I'm too patient to let less than 24 hours get me all pissed off :lol:

Is it cool to post pics of our collections over a period of time? I'd gladly do that with a bit of a reason for why I have and like each...Else mine would mostly look like too many 'super strat' types if I did it in one go!

I know what Dean's getting :P :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”