Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been eyeing Sample Logic's Cyclone for quite a while .. love the demos especially .. but I just can't seem to pull the trigger (mostly due to the price). What do you guys think of it? Anyone here use it or any of their other products? Worth waiting for a sale?

Lemme know what you guys think!

-n :phones:

No Sample Logic fans here? :cry:

Naenyn wrote:No Sample Logic fans here? :cry:
I don't have it but have quite a few of other libs of theirs. Two words: too expensive.
Ok quality is nice and instruments are good but I'll never buy again. Simply too expensive for what they give.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Waiting to see how this last deal from MF turns out first...

Timman wrote:I don't have it but have quite a few of other libs of theirs. Two words: too expensive.
Ok quality is nice and instruments are good but I'll never buy again. Simply too expensive for what they give.
Thanks for the feedback. What do you feel is lacking?
BBFG# wrote:Waiting to see how this last deal from MF turns out first...
Which deal would that be..?

-n

Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.

Naenyn wrote:Thanks for the feedback. What do you feel is lacking?
I prefer 8dio stuff more, GUI, prices and quality are better in my opinion. SL stuff is nice indeed, but really overpriced for what they offer. At least that's what I think.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

8Dio definitely has a better website! ;)

Thanks for the comments. I will check out their stuff. Wonder if they have anything that compares to Cyclone...

tq wrote:Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.
Pretty good deal if you live in the US, but as it has to be shipped by surface mail it is not such a cool deal here in Europe.

Cyclone looks like a very nice lib but at $300 it's for the pro users, not hobbyists like me unfortunately.

tq wrote:Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.
Can't thank you enough for this post. I had been eyeing these libraries for a while but had held off because I couldn't justify the cost for the number of times I thought they would get used. At this price, you are correct, it is a no-brainer.

Both are on their way and I am looking forward to writing some fun marching percussion tracks.

Thanks again!

Yes - thank you from here, too! $29 is certainly doable for another hobbyist such as me - $399 is not :).

You're welcome. I ordered these as well - for 90 % off, it's a pretty good deal, isn't it? :-)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”