bx_boom - any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's cheap for a day more - any experience with it you wanna share?

(yep, I know, I can demo it too)

Cheers

It was ok when I demoed it. Not 40 bucks ok but easily 10 bucks ok.

Still, I'd really like to know if I need to register with some other account as a hoop. I don't want and don't need an itunes account. If it was simply a way of getting it straight from PA I'd already own it.

Cheers

Gotta buy off iTunes no? So that means having an account.

I already have a topic about this promo. I was not sure cos' it came on April fool.
Plugin alliance confirmed that it came from them so i made the deal.

For me, it's a nice add to a bass drum/kick but, like they said on the Plugin alliance site, it's just a preset of dyn_eq.
It's just an easier way to use a dynamic eq, put boom on your track and turn 2 knobs. Done.
Boom make a really decent job, more natural than Boz Sasquatch. (I use both).
Sasquatch is more an effect and Boom a mixing plugin.

You will have a lot more control with a dynamic eq but it's not always necessary and not the same budget. That's where you can use Boom. That's why i made the deal now and not at the regular price.
If you have the budget, buy dyn_eq.
Boom for 10$, right, not for 75$. IMHO.

I'm working on Mac, i have an account. Of course, no need to create an account you don't want or need just for that.

^ Cool thanx for the input.

Stupid iTunes won't work on my system (says "not enough memory" whenever I try to buy anything which is a crock, I have plenty of memory to buy a 99 cent mp3) but I'm thinking I can do what this thing is doing easily enough with other plug-ins, and have much more tuning capability for the effect since the center points and Q are fixed in three places on this (though they do seem very well chosen). It's doing something with m/s too though which is a bit mysterious since my impression was that everyone runs boomy kicks in strictly mono. Unfortunately I already timed the demo out a while ago so I can't test it again.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Thanks!

In the end I decided to buy an album instead - I've enough musical tools and new music to listen to is actually more inspirational.

Return to “Effects”