Reason?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Guys...come on! No one is going to change minds on a....DAMN FORUM! So suck it up. Both made good points. I own Reason. It rocks. And it has flaws. What don't?

Reason is a great choice for anyone doing any kind of music. Period. If you need deep audio editing, look elsewhere. If you want the largest choice of instruments and effects, you will need to find VST enabled products. This is not Reason.

On the other hand, there is no DAW available that is as deeply integrated with its instruments as Reason. Heck, there is no physical studio as deeply integrated with instruments as Reason is.

If you want to bail at some point from your DAW of choice...I am not even going to go there. Eish.

10 Reason is great
20 No, reason is crap
30 No, Reason is great
40 No, Reason is shit
50 No, Reason is amazing
60 No, Reason is crap
70 goto 10
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:10 Reason is great
20 No, reason is crap
30 No, Reason is great
40 No, Reason is shit
50 No, Reason is amazing
60 No, Reason is crap
70 goto 10
Is that the Bitwig scripting language? :hihi:

robojam wrote:
spaceman wrote:10 Reason is great
20 No, reason is crap
30 No, Reason is great
40 No, Reason is shit
50 No, Reason is amazing
60 No, Reason is crap
70 goto 10
Is that the Bitwig scripting language? :hihi:
Theirs is slightly different

10 do:
20 Bitwig is great;
30 No, Bitwig is a let-down;
40 No, Bitwig is great;
50 No, Bitwig is lacking features;
60 No, Bitwig is amazing;
70 No, Bitwig is buggy;
80 while active(kvr);
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

:lol:

Heh.

highkoo wrote:You can attribute it to 'bitter wishful thinking' if you must, but I cant imagine how that makes any sense.
You can envision a bright future for Reason/REs, but I cant imagine how that makes any sense either.

Its a new format, vying for attention from developers who are otherwise occupied in a thriving market that is the long dominant, ubiquitous format, and now, competitor. Its not as robust of a development platform. It does not provide the same profit margin or marketshare/visibility. It is proprietary. It is not user friendly. It is locked to a closed and arguably outdated, arguably dying platform, that at best is resistant to change.

Its screamingly obviously a risky position that the Props are in.
Old users may have cause to stick around and play. But why would a new user sign up?

If I sound bitter, you're delusional.
I have no horse in this race. I'm just observing the facts.
And that's the problem; facts are the enemy of Reason zombie-sheep, and the bearer of such awful tidings will be treated as such. They'll question your motives for bringing up points instead of making counter-points, because they don't actually have any beyond "oh yeah...........well..........you're stupid!".

Someone on this thread actually posted that it's "PERFECT" (their capital letters, not mine) that rack extension licenses are non-transferable.

You can't really expect to have an intelligent discussion with someone who comes from that kind of brainwashed, cult-like "thinking", and it's only to be expected that any attempt to throw the cold light of reality onto the situation will be met with hostility from these types.

It's sad and a little bit scary.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I'll be honest.

But there are Ipad synthesizers and effects that sound way better that you get in Reason by default (Thor, Maelstrom, Subtractor, scream, etc) and that alone should give you an idea about the overall quality you get out of the box.

However some of the RE devices have definitely extended the life of it by giving us stuff like Synapse Antidote.

The NNXT and NN19 offer considerable value to anyone who likes using samplers because they are easy to use and sound great, but don't expect anything like Kontakt. Their low CPU usage is awesome and you could easily rewire ableton to be your midi sequencer and just use Reason 7 with like 100 tracks of samplers with effects on a modern computer with no problem.

Toss in a APC40 or two

and

BAM! you have a reliable crash proof live oldschool style sampler playback system for making music with.

What do i like about reason? The modular ability that it emulates with it's rack gear approach. You can do very fun things, and you know honestly at the end of a reason session i think thats what matters most for me.

Of course if anyone is seeking out cutting edge technology, then maybe reason is not for you. For me i think it's a great box of tools to add to my collection.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: However some of the RE devices have definitely extended the life of it by giving us stuff like Synapse Antidote.
Absolutely. Some of the RE's are excellent especially Ammo as you can use the Oscillators to trigger samples and sequence synths and use oscillators to control any cv parameter. Reason is a very different beast to 5 years ago and works really well with my hardware. I've been making Reaktor instruments for years and sometimes wish it was as easy as it is Reason with creating switch networks etc.

Cult like
Fanboy

Whats new in the world of Reason user insults.

I addressed the so called facts. I have yet to see a response to the questions I ask. Oh well back to making music in Reason. The BEST piece of software for making music on Earth. :borg:
KFish needs to answer a simple question. What is an outdated sound?

I don't see the need to defend why I use reason or any other software. If someone else doesn't like it thats fine, they can use what they like.
:borg:

stroker_ace wrote:
highkoo wrote:You can attribute it to 'bitter wishful thinking' if you must, but I cant imagine how that makes any sense.
You can envision a bright future for Reason/REs, but I cant imagine how that makes any sense either.

Its a new format, vying for attention from developers who are otherwise occupied in a thriving market that is the long dominant, ubiquitous format, and now, competitor. Its not as robust of a development platform. It does not provide the same profit margin or marketshare/visibility. It is proprietary. It is not user friendly. It is locked to a closed and arguably outdated, arguably dying platform, that at best is resistant to change.

Its screamingly obviously a risky position that the Props are in.
Old users may have cause to stick around and play. But why would a new user sign up?

If I sound bitter, you're delusional.
I have no horse in this race. I'm just observing the facts.
And that's the problem; facts are the enemy of Reason zombie-sheep, and the bearer of such awful tidings will be treated as such. They'll question your motives for bringing up points instead of making counter-points, because they don't actually have any beyond "oh yeah...........well..........you're stupid!".

Someone on this thread actually posted that it's "PERFECT" (their capital letters, not mine) that rack extension licenses are non-transferable.

You can't really expect to have an intelligent discussion with someone who comes from that kind of brainwashed, cult-like "thinking", and it's only to be expected that any attempt to throw the cold light of reality onto the situation will be met with hostility from these types.

It's sad and a little bit scary.
What's your silly problem with me having a PERFECT time with Reason and the RE.
You can't have an intelligent conversation because that's the way I see it and it is for me?

Are you kidding me? Reaper, Live and Reaktor are also PERFECT for me.
You need to take a serious consideration before you waste your fingers on the keyboard to type desperate posts.

Telling others how they should not feel :nutter:

Well... try to go and have a PERFECT day if you can dear genius.

You may need :help: with that actually.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

I always get the juvenile urge to push these threads to ridiculous extremes. :)
Like some kind of warped public psychology lesson.

I wonder if there is correlation between lack of critical thinking skills, hyperbole, and choosing Reason as a main DAW?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:I always get the juvenile urge to push these threads to ridiculous extremes. :)
Like some kind of warped public psychology lesson.

I wonder if there is correlation between lack of critical thinking skills, hyperbole, and choosing Reason as a main DAW?
That would make you a time wasting troll with a misguided narcissistic sense of self worth.

tonkatodd wrote: That would make you a time wasting troll
Yeah, ok, sometimes, sure. :shrug:
tonkatodd wrote: misguided narcissistic sense of self worth
Hey! Thats a pretty good description of Reason in 2014! :clap:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”