What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian
 
987 posts since 31 Oct, 2002, from the high desert

Postby Aural Chaos; Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:32 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I was scared by the reports of high CPU loads on computers that are WAY more powerful than mine, but was happy to find it usable on my dual-core (yeah, not even core duo) laptop.
Especially if I'm just putting audio through it- I think some presets plus a fairly heavy VSTi would be too much.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
1656 posts since 1 Feb, 2004, from UK
    

Postby christianmusicmaker; Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:07 am Re: NI Molekular

Neon Breath wrote:A long time ago, there was a time when NI were releasing actual true PLUGINS, and not just Reaktor based effects and synths. I surely miss that time.

Not you have to have Reaktor or its free version, download it, update it, register it, fire it to use your effects…


This is what I do not like about it. Reaktor offers much but there is too much emphasis on the need for Reaktor. Not needed IMO for this plug.
User avatar
KVRian
 
789 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh
 

Postby DocAtlas; Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:39 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I'm having issues getting Molekular to load in the plugin version of Reaktor. I keep getting an error message that it was created in a newer version, and I need to update my software. I keep updating Reaktor, but I'm still getting the same message. Molekular loads fine in the standalone version.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5921 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there
    

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:44 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

DocAtlas wrote:I'm having issues getting Molekular to load in the plugin version of Reaktor. I keep getting an error message that it was created in a newer version, and I need to update my software. I keep updating Reaktor, but I'm still getting the same message. Molekular loads fine in the standalone version.


Depending on your system, clearing the plugin-cache of your computer might help. On a Mac that would be the AU-cache:
Remove the following file from your User Library (not Main HD Library):
User/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Then reboot your host.
User avatar
KVRian
 
789 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh
 

Postby DocAtlas; Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Sampleconstruct wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:I'm having issues getting Molekular to load in the plugin version of Reaktor. I keep getting an error message that it was created in a newer version, and I need to update my software. I keep updating Reaktor, but I'm still getting the same message. Molekular loads fine in the standalone version.


Depending on your system, clearing the plugin-cache of your computer might help. On a Mac that would be the AU-cache:
Remove the following file from your User Library (not Main HD Library):
User/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Then reboot your host.


Thanks, but this machine is running Windows 7. I'll have to try some more when I get home from work tonight. I have to get ready to leave soon.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
User avatar
KVRAF
 
19244 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net
 

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:10 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

DocAtlas wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:I'm having issues getting Molekular to load in the plugin version of Reaktor. I keep getting an error message that it was created in a newer version, and I need to update my software. I keep updating Reaktor, but I'm still getting the same message. Molekular loads fine in the standalone version.


Depending on your system, clearing the plugin-cache of your computer might help. On a Mac that would be the AU-cache:
Remove the following file from your User Library (not Main HD Library):
User/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Then reboot your host.


Thanks, but this machine is running Windows 7. I'll have to try some more when I get home from work tonight. I have to get ready to leave soon.


Sounds like the update installer is installing the plugin to a diferent path than the one your host is using.
KVRAF
 
5306 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 am Re: NI Molekular

christianmusicmaker wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:A long time ago, there was a time when NI were releasing actual true PLUGINS, and not just Reaktor based effects and synths. I surely miss that time.

Not you have to have Reaktor or its free version, download it, update it, register it, fire it to use your effects…


This is what I do not like about it. Reaktor offers much but there is too much emphasis on the need for Reaktor. Not needed IMO for this plug.


A couple of things here:

With certain plugs, NI has not, in the past, been afraid to offer standalone vst versions of their effects plugs (i.e. without GR or Reaktor). The Softube line of dynamics plugs is a good example of this. I suspect that this is done to appeal to the broadest possible audience. And, it may also reflect some kind of arrangement with the good folks at Softube.

On the othe hand, there are plenty of other quality plugs that NI has refused (for whatever reason) to set free. Molekular would seem to be a prime candidate for independence, and I would think that there would be a massive audience for an independent version of this plug. However, I suspect that the reason it remains tethered might have to do with a marketing strategy for Reaktor. What better way to get Reaktor demos (player version) into the hands of the uninitiated than to tie it with the use of some other really cool payware?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
User avatar
KVRian
 
740 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Postby OzoneJunkie; Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Normally I'd wait for the next version of Komplete, but Molekular is the only thing that NI has released since K9 that I have any interest in. Of course they could put something else out between now and K10 - a gamble, but at the moment I see waiting for K11 for an upgrade. Likely will buy Molekular soon...
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:30 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

well this thing is great I'm really digging the feedback loop options. I am sad that I've had to go back to using the voxengo delay compensation plugin if i'm working on timing critical stuff like drums or vocals. But I'm really digging these modules. I do feel like you should be able to use all the different dsp modules in any slot you want. There are some cool tings I could do with 4 cloud delays in series with feedback. Or the types of generative soundscapes one could make wit 4 of the plagiarism modules in series. I still feel it was totally worth 150 bucks.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
KVRAF
 
3062 posts since 25 Jun, 2004
 

Postby highkoo; Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:38 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

What is the latency on it?
Vary by module?
Does every module have wet/dry?
Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5921 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there
    

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Another little jam with Molekular, 100% wet, custom preset:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -molekular
KVRAF
 
3062 posts since 25 Jun, 2004
 

Postby highkoo; Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:08 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

EvilDragon wrote:Varies by module. Read the manual? :)


The manuals a little vague, but it looks like latency might get up there... :scared:
But it is nice that it has all those internal mix controls.
Image
User avatar
KVRian
 
789 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh
 

Postby DocAtlas; Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:25 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

aMUSEd wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:I'm having issues getting Molekular to load in the plugin version of Reaktor. I keep getting an error message that it was created in a newer version, and I need to update my software. I keep updating Reaktor, but I'm still getting the same message. Molekular loads fine in the standalone version.


Depending on your system, clearing the plugin-cache of your computer might help. On a Mac that would be the AU-cache:
Remove the following file from your User Library (not Main HD Library):
User/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Then reboot your host.


Thanks, but this machine is running Windows 7. I'll have to try some more when I get home from work tonight. I have to get ready to leave soon.


Sounds like the update installer is installing the plugin to a diferent path than the one your host is using.


I finally uninstalled Reaktor and reinstalled it, and now Molekular is loading just fine. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but I like the results I'm getting so far. I just may have to buy this.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5921 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there
    

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

So if anyone is looking for some fresh presets for Molekular, here is a pre-order thread for the Snaphot Bank I am currently producing for it. I'll leave this thread alone now and post my demos in the other thread.
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=408131
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects