Here is the missing Exiter effect

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After some advise from the proper quarters, i created an Exiter effect that i am quite happy with.

Add even harmonics with the red dial and odd harmonics with the green dial. Band limit these harmonics with a HighPass and LowPass filter.
The Distortion Level adds the harmonics and only the harmonics to the input signal. So, if this dial is zero you get the untreated signal.

Download from HERE

Enjoy

AndreasD wrote:After some advise from the proper quarters, i created an Exiter effect that i am quite happy with.

Add even harmonics with the red dial and odd harmonics with the green dial. Band limit these harmonics with a HighPass and LowPass filter.
The Distortion Level adds the harmonics and only the harmonics to the input signal. So, if this dial is zero you get the untreated signal.

Download from HERE

Enjoy
Wonderful Andreas!

May I ask you a little improvement? A little dial below the two existing (placed between HP and LP for example)... which adds an amount (from 0 to 20% for example) of randomness around (therefore ±) the value set by the two main dials.

Possible without too much internal modification?
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

HERE is an Exiter R patch that does what you want.
I use the most staight way by putting the original Exiter into a MUX and automate parameters as if it is a VST. Open the Exiter inside and see what the modulation does.
I leave the coloring to you as you might want to increase the user control and add more knobs.

You can do the whole thing inside the Exiter itself, but i couldn't wrap my head around how to setup a modulation mapper to change a Balancers Gain from 0.95 to -3.00dB when you turn a knob from 0 ..100 ;)

Andreas

I used your Exciter V2 to increase the presence of a flute in a mix with keyboards (synths). Worked well. Nice to do it with harmonics rather than EQ.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:I used your Exciter V2 to increase the presence of a flute in a mix with keyboards (synths). Worked well. Nice to do it with harmonics rather than EQ.
Which is the same as the here published Exiter.
And thanks for your help!
Andreas

Hello Andreas

That's curious, I can't find it in my list of MUX modules.

I have to put it in my directory "...\Mulab\User\Library\Mux", I'm right? (Mulab being closed of course)

Then once Mulab reopened I just have to add Exiter as new module in a chain I've made (elementary, for test) in a MUX session, that's right?

But I can't find Exiter in my list opened with right click and "Add module"...

I'm sure I have missed a step
(still beginner heh)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Several ways to find the MUX:
1) delete the file "MuxPresetFileCache.MuData" in the folder you copied the MUX
2) file browser in Mulab, Options, Refresh list (there is a bug in M5.5 where you can find the MUX in the browser but not in the Add Module menu-> use method 1))
3) find the file on your hard disk and drag/drop it into Mulab.

Nice!

I've used the first method.

And really cool, this new module! It's one of those I really missed in Mulab for my guitar sounds to give them a superb new brilliance in the cool solos... and also to give a dull piano sound a totally new quality in the higher half of its tessitura! And last but not least... to give a big impression of real life to the woodwinds! Especially the flutes, the oboes, the saxophones and the clarinets when they are instruments of foreground and even of solos.

The randomness of an exciter, when used with parsimony (as the module itself) brings an excellent humanization to the play and all the life that is very important in the analogue instruments, first the electric guitar (everybody knows that) but also especially... the woodwinds since they are so much dependent of the physiology of the player from one second to the following !

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Return to “MUTOOLS”