Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hueynym wrote:
MarlboroMan23 wrote:Sample Logic Rumble-Marching & Cinematic Drums
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... atic-drums

Sample Logic FANFARE Marching and Cinematic Brass Sample Library/Virtual Instrument
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... ment-boxed

Both on sale from $299 to $29 each. Strangely I found them in the "Effects Plugins" section.

As someone already mentioned Fxpansion Geist Special Edition is on sale from $349.99 to $49.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... al-edition
Sorry to post in this thread. DO NOT purchase ANY Sample Logic products from Musician's Friend or Guitar Center. Joe Trupiano of Sample Logic claims they are selling unauthorized product and will NOT issue new serial numbers and NOBODY does refunds, so you might get stuck with a useless box like I did. Just a warning (I've never had problems with musiciansfriend with anything else)
That isn't legal.. it can't be.. you can't charge for a product and then not provide it. Otherwise they have a nice little racket going..

Wondering how deep you have gone with this? What exactly happened for them to claim the licenses from MF are unauthorized? And what happened in your experience, you don't mind sharing, during this process.

I see no warnings on the Sample Logic webpage or facebook page about this issue... you would think they'd post this stuff.

It would be in Sample Logic's best interest to not interfere (I haven't had any problems yet so I'm speaking theoretically). These products have been available from these retailers for around $90 for months, so Sample Logic should have acted well before now. Plus, anyone who purchases these inexpensive products might end up loving them and subsequently purchasing their newer (and more expensive) products.

I really like MF, GC, and Amazon as retailers. I know all three would make me whole if something went wrong.

After many years dealing with Musician's Friend I'd be surprised if they knowingly sold unauthorized software.

As established as they are, it doesn't seem they have anything to gain by doing so.

Just a thought, with no basis, but, I wonder if the drastic price cut upset the developer?

EDIT:

The other 2, as well. I just happened to look at the sale on the MF site.

My Sample Logic order is on its way. What can I say? I am a man without fear.

Same here :)
Play it by ear

same here. although I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

dw

Most likely, they are reducing physical stock is all.

Have ordered from them before, weekends slow the shipment to Monday is all.
Ordered the Peavey, got it shipped quickly. Next day ordered the two SampleLogics (I'm an easy sale for anything Drum Corps {VK}) Expect the shipment to show on Monday.

Not enough info on this, but MF/GC was seemingly in a death spiral until recently. Here's their new optimistic release:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101551358

I wonder if they'd been been delaying payment to vendors so much that Sample Logic snapped...

GreyLion wrote: I wonder if they'd been been delaying payment to vendors so much that Sample Logic snapped...
In that case Sample Logic would have the motivation but not the right to claim the product wasn't legit. They'd be contractually obliged to provide support and serial numbers for any existing product in inventory or risk getting sued themselves. All they could legitimately do is terminate the deal and refuse to provide any further serial numbers or boxed product to the retailers.

Well, I took the plunge on both Fanfare and Rumble as well haha. Those deals were way too good to pass up.

Mine are on their way.

I emailed Sample Logic and they said the problem so far has been with Fanfare. I guess someone at GC opened all the packages and shared the serial numbers.

I got Fanfare and Rumble. I'll see what happens....

dw

dusted william wrote: ... I guess someone at GC opened all the packages and shared the serial numbers.

dw
Is that your guess or is that what they told you?

Here's what I was told from Sample Logic as far as Ruble and Fanfare go:

Hi Steve
Yes this is somewhat true. We no longer sell to the GC chain.

So far the palm seems to only be with fanfare boxed version. They've decided to sell our inventory at 20% of the MSRP. I'm top of this, someone within the chain has opened up fanfare boxes taken the serials and has resold the serials. We have reached out to GC several times with no response.

Very frustrating

Joe Trupiano
Sample Logic LLC
New York
T: (347) 875-7568
www.samplelogic.com

> On Apr 5, 2014, at 2:51 PM,
>
> E-Mail:
> I saw this on a KVR forum and wanted to see if it was true before I spent my money there: "DO NOT purchase ANY Sample Logic products from Musician's Friend or Guitar Center. Joe Trupiano of Sample Logic claims they are selling unauthorized product and will NOT issue new serial numbers". I appreciate any info on this you can provide.
>

Last chance !
50% off Sonnox Inflator at the Pluginboutique.com : http://www.pluginboutique.com/sales/267

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”