Best value synth you've bought?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rob Papen "Predator". Cannot remember about the price but it was not very expensive and replaced a lot other synth for me and it's still my workhorse.

Zebra. Followed by Omnisphere and Kontakt (though tbo I have Kontakt within Komplete).
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

BBFG# wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
DuX wrote:As I said, some people have to justify the expense even when they shelved the money for nothing. So enjoy your "Omnisphere" Cimbasso. Why did you even felt compelled to answer?

maybe because...

500$ can buy you so much. But not in your case. But in the end if you're satisfied with your choice and the XXXX uses it [the ads say that and they're always true] then you must be satisfied. Cheers!

My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$

lol whaaaat :dog: oh well your opinion really means nothing.
As valid as the one you offered, Maybe even more so, since you're still in a first time orgasmic phase with the product and can only speak to its purchase price with any experience. So what was your final price OTD?

AstralExistence wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
DuX wrote:As I said, some people have to justify the expense even when they shelved the money for nothing. So enjoy your "Omnisphere" Cimbasso. Why did you even felt compelled to answer?

maybe because...

500$ can buy you so much. But not in your case. But in the end if you're satisfied with your choice and the XXXX uses it [the ads say that and they're always true] then you must be satisfied. Cheers!

My relationship with Spectrasonics software have been 0 from the day one as I couldn't find any value in it at all be it Omnisphere or RMX. It's krap with a simplified, but thankfully not programmed by Synthedit interface. Nothing else. Their installers are total krap. I would personally give them 50$ for every each and one of their VSTis. That's how much I think they're worth. 50$

As valid as the one you offered, Maybe even more so, since you're still in a first time orgasmic phase with the product and can only speak to its purchase price with any experience. So what was your final price OTD?
You already told us you bought it on the three payment plan,
SO.... x 3 = $479.01
Which is the standard pricing from most stores, but you could have got it cheaper.

BBFG# wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:

maybe because...

You already told us you bought it on the three payment plan,
SO.... x 3 = $479.01
Which is the standard pricing from most stores, but you could have got it cheaper.
yeah? where? i don t think so.

JRR Shop for one.
And there's a couple of others.
$429.-$451.00

(Or you could have bought it on the Market place for around $325-$375 but then you couldn't resale it if you didn't like it - but you do, so...)

BBFG# wrote:JRR Shop for one.
$429.-$451.00

(Or you could have bought it on the Market place for around $325-$375 but then you couldn't resale it if you didn't like it - but you do, so...)
its 479.00 at jrrshop and they don't have an easy payment plan.

AstralExistence wrote:
$429.-$451.00

Not once you sign in and put it in your basket.
And they don't have the best deal either, but definitely better than $479.

BBFG# wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
$429.-$451.00

Not once you sign in and put it in your basket.
And they don't have the best deal either, but definitely better than $479.

i didn't pay 479. that's the whole point. i COULDN'T pay 479 nor 429. and i didn't want to buy it used. have you heard how hard it is to buy a used omnisphere for both buyer and seller. spectrasonics hold there hand on there ass for a long time before the transfer goes through. no thanx. it seems like your looking for every reason in the world to essentially tell me i 'chose wrong' when for once in my vsti buying life i actually chose right. why be so critical?

It looks like you're doing everything to carry on this conversation in multiple threads and forums when you've only had it a couple of days. Regardless of topic. You really don't have the time yet to adequately talk about 'it's value' in any other sense than price. Which you didn't get the best deal available on. It seems to me you made your choice long before you ever posted about 'making the choice'. I understand buying it on time. It's a good way to manage it. But what you bought it for was $479.01.
Why continue in a thread with this title unless all you want to do is promote something you've yet to really experience? Sounds more like a sales pitch than a value judgement. Assuaging remorse?
Have fun with it instead. Why waste your time here when you could be digging into it?

BBFG# wrote:It looks like you're doing everything to carry on this conversation in multiple threads and forums when you've only had it a couple of days. Regardless of topic. You really don't have the time yet to adequately talk about 'it's value' in any other sense than price. Which you didn't get the best deal available on. It seems to me you made your choice long before you ever posted about 'making the choice'. I understand buying it on time. It's a good way to manage it. But what you bought it for was $479.01.
Why continue in a thread with this title unless all you want to do is promote something you've yet to really experience? Sounds more like a sales pitch than a value judgement. Assuaging remorse?
Have fun with it instead. Why waste your time here when you could be digging into it?

you have a point. i have a bad kvr habbit. don't we all. i will do that.

Yes, yes we do.
My studio is 20 miles away, and weather doesn't allow me to get there everyday.
Right now, I'm pondering another computer for this home's use, run with my wife's M3 (which I do the programming on for her) and one of my Emu XBoards. Needless to say, when I'm there, I'm not here.

That's easy. My first one, SynCModular. Bought it in like 2000 for $100, used the hell out of it, participated in the community, and when Dr. Sync moved over to Native Instruments and could no longer legally support it due to the terms of his contract, he got a deal for members of the community to purchase Reaktor for (I think) $49. It also moved me into the NI upgrade path and I got many good things for not much money. Including Komplete 9 for lke $75 around xmess 2013.

I used it a lot until 2012, when I moved into a Windows 7 64-bit environment and I couldn't hardly keep it running as a plug-in or standalone - truth be told, it was getting cranky in XP too. But I occasionally get it running and I'l get a few drones or bleeps out of it.

Damn good software and an ethical developer.

SODDI, did you just say you got NI Komplete for like 175$?! :hihi: That's certainly a value for money. I have SynC in the best memory, too. I opted for VAZ modular, though. Not so much value for money as Komplete, especially for 175$, but I got a really good mileage from it throughout years.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I got Komplete 9 for $74.50 last December, an upgrade from Komplete 6 which ran around $300 in 2010.

A GOOD deal.

Return to “Instruments”