Good Fri and Easter sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LimboLoves wrote:I called in to check and make sure it was the full version, and it is WITH a library included. The girl said her manager said they were trying to get rid of the software because it was discontinued. I guess that might mean that Geist is getting replaced by something better.
Discontinued? That sounds interesting indeed. I can't image any good reason to dicontinue the 'old' :o Geist other than a new product which will replace it soon.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:I wonder why there's not more fuzz about it. 50 dollars (36 euro) is really a steal for such an incredible drum package.
+1 Kind of weird

Everbody used to talk about Geist a year ago or so.

Maybe drum plugs are out of fashion now?

I hardly think it will be discontinued. Synth Squad has been on sale many times for low prices like $99, but hasn't been discontinued yet.

Geist was not on my wish list, simply because there were so many cheaper things to wish for. The MF sale, however, scrambled my list entirely! Caught off-guard, I couldn't resist. Mea Culpa.

As to "discontinued," it may be true, but from my past experiences I don't put a lot of faith in what the help at MF says. They can be very misinformed.

Regarding upcoming holiday sales, I can only pray, "Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from good things I cannot really afford!"

:hihi:
바보

Geist has already replaced Guru, so what will the name for the new replacement be

Gaga
Grouch
Gesundheit

:P

Timfonie wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:I called in to check and make sure it was the full version, and it is WITH a library included. The girl said her manager said they were trying to get rid of the software because it was discontinued. I guess that might mean that Geist is getting replaced by something better.
Discontinued? That sounds interesting indeed. I can't image any good reason to dicontinue the 'old' :o Geist other than a new product which will replace it soon.
Well, me either, except you can't buy Guru anymore. It's cheaper competition for their newer drum software (if it's real anyway) and a lot of people try to find deals. Discontinue Geist so ppl have to choose between BFD and the new Geist, and profits galore.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... al-edition

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... instrument

Possibly they mean the 'Special Edition' that includes the expansion pack is discontinued.

Also, notice the full priced one is a download, and the sale priced one is shipped.

Inventory clearance, likely.

beau921 wrote:Inventory clearance, likely.
Yeah, discontinuation could mean that MS will not stock it anymore

Return to “Instruments”