What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

It's coming.................................

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

7471 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 am Re: It's coming.................................

If it's not a dude in a rubber suit stomping the shit out of a balsawood city..

IT'S NOT GODZILLA! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

GO GO GODZILLA!
addled muppet weed

34251 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:36 am Re: It's coming.................................

Compyfox wrote:Still, these monsters need anger management. :hihi:

yes the film would be awesome, king ghidra doing his garden, planting his begonias and pruning his roses.
counting to 10 (sorry) when he finds aphids on the stems.
godzilla filling out his anger diary, marking from one to 10 (sorry again) how much he was angered by the increase of price on his favourite chocolate bar.
rodan crying when he drops a plate while doing his dishes, rather than smashing the other 10(dammit, sorry) plates as well.
ultraman chairing a group therapy session with 10(wtf i am so sorry) monsters in a church hall discussing their past week.

my kind of film :)

10/10 (shit it! i wont say it again, im so so sorry)
KVRist

369 posts since 19 Nov, 2013, from Abandoned Spaceship

Postby Blue-eyed Blonde Ape; Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:53 am Re: It's coming.................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YLehuMydo
0:49 I suppose we're all f***ed up, one way or another.
My man ! :hug:

I know it's "I suppose we all thought that,"
Soundbanks for Sylenth1, Massive, lush-101, Zebra2, Diva, Monark, DCAM Here and Here
KVRAF

11019 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:58 pm Re: It's coming.................................

We've got another trailer... this time with more "Gojira" action, and we see a glimpse of one of the new monsters-

Let's just hope this doesn't turn into another Pacific Rim - especially FX wise (too much greenscreen, too much lensflair, "glowing" monsters) - even though "Rim" was fun. Either way, I'm definitely going to the theater in May - I want to see this on big screen - I want to know if it's just as scary and impressive in terms of sound as "War of the Worlds" from 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOelEIQHR_U
KVRAF

7940 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:49 am Re: It's coming.................................

I definitely saw Rodan in this one.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 am Re: It's coming.................................

That's the thing... people argue that it's not Rodan. Maybe a redesigned Rodan, but the licenses for the "classic monsters" might not be with Legendary. They still call these monsters "MUTO 1" and "MUTO 2".

Whatever it will be - funk it, as long as the movie is good. And the sound is also outstanding.
KVRAF

7940 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:49 am Re: It's coming.................................

http://screenrant.com/godzilla-2014-mon ... dan-gigan/

several possibilities. here. I don't think that's MUTO because it doesn't have wings. That's not to say it won't be in the film.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 am Re: It's coming.................................

There goes another trailer for Godzilla, with a bit more "in-depth" look (just a couple of extended scenes).

Interesting note, at the 2:20 mark is a monster clearly visible, that is definitely not our beloved antihero. Dunno what to make of it though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64c6VLNJQiE

And there is one(!) major thing that is bugging me already:
3D release only. That means... if I want to see it in english over here, I have to shell out 12quids plus extended movie length, plus 3D glasses (all in all up to 20quids - sans snacks). Why? Because I'm sure all alternative theaters might not pick that one up. And if so, maybe 2-3 months later - and I don't want to wait for the BD this time around.

Might as well watch a more recent 3D flick to see if I get headaches or not. Man, I hate this 3D video bullsh*t. Auro 3D (11.1) is a totally different issue, but why constantly 3D video only?! I know why I refuse to go to cinemas these days.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:27 am Re: It's coming.................................

Well you're in a country were English is probably the main language of choice. If I'd watch this movie in German, chances are that I can catch it in 2D.

But I actually prefer the original dub. Especially after disasters with cartoon movies and "German comedy stars" as voice actors, or the funked "Escape Plan" dub, "de-accentification" of movies and TV shows, etc. And in this case, we only have like two cinemas that show "Blockbusters" in English, and most of the time 3D or IMAX 3D. Every other theater that shows subtitled versions only go for alternate or special art movies.

If I'd still live at my birthplace, we'd only have three major cinema complexes. One of them specialized on English dubs (a very old theater with crap audio and blurred video), and the rest is in German only - with a tendency to go "forced 3D". Last year January, I wanted to watch The Hobbit with an old friend of mine. Late night screening, for old days sake. We did not find a screening where it wasn't 3D.

And don't let me get started on using non fitting 3D glasses upon regular glasses, or people that can't actually watch 3D without getting nausea, headaches and hurting eyes. My personal record (which I'm not proud of) with the Nintendo 3DS's activated 3D mode was 5 minutes until everything around me blacked out, then I had to close my eyes for half an hour to get my eyesight back. Went ahead and tested a 3D screen at a store (several times by now, different stores, different TV's - just to see how technology improved), had to put down glasses after two minutes due to the "paper figurine" pharallax scrolling effect (which was cool for Paper Mario and 16bit games no doubt, but not for 4k movies!) and massive headaches.

3D is BS IMO, and yet another way to money milk the audience. Especially over here (extra fees upon extra fees). I'm surprised that this... trend... is still existing.

But enough OT.

Maybe I cave and go for a 15bucks 3D ticked to watch Godzilla in English after all. I want to get the new one on DVD/BD anyway (unlimited replays). If it's good and not such a failure like the Emmerich version. But I like what I see so far - except for the "CGI at night" effects (like with Pacific Rim) and that obvious "child is aware of disaster" scene (at least it's not Spielberg, where kids are almost always unharmed or movies are later altered from using guns and flashlights to walkie talkies).
KVRAF

18917 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 am Re: It's coming.................................

Bryan Cranston is in it.. Great actor, reckon it will be ok. Will defo go see it
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 am Re: It's coming.................................

He won't sell blue-ish crystalized material however....

And as of this moment, and with that many actors, we don't know how much screen time anyone is getting at this point.
KVRAF

18917 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 pm Re: It's coming.................................

Bryan has tons of screen time in it.. he's one of the very main characters :) I doubt he'd be in something totally crap.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF

3701 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:38 pm Re: It's coming.................................

I'm hearing Chewbacca at the end of that clip.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic