Pro Tools 11, MIDI out

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) I'm using FreqAnalyst Pro 1.95. I have enabled midi out in the preset settings for every single parameter, and have created a MIDI track that takes input from this plugin on all channels. However, even though it is record armed, am am not seeing any evidence that any midi is getting passed to the midi track.

I seem to have followed the steps in the tutorial (minus having another Blue Cat plugin to receive the midi, because that's not what I'm trying to do). Is this a bug with FreqAnalyst? What am I doing wrong?

2) Ultimately, I'm trying to output MIDI notes to trigger Superior Drummer. The documentation does not seem to include any detailed information about how to send notes.

HELP!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-ins.

1) For some reason it seems that in Pro Tools 11 MIDI activity is not visible anymore in this case, but MIDI events are still sent (you can for example record the MIDI events on the MIDI track and check the various controllers).

2) The plug-in can only send MIDI CC values for the moment. Also please be aware that it does not do pitch recognition: the output frequencies are the min, center and max frequencies measured on the spectrum but do not correspond to the actual pitch that you may hear.

Hope this clarifies!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”