What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

It's coming.................................

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

2625 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 pm Re: It's coming.................................

TheoM wrote:Bryan has tons of screen time in it.. he's one of the very main characters :) I doubt he'd be in something totally crap.

He's this generation's Raymond Burr!
KVRAF

7924 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:48 am Re: It's coming.................................

3D can be very distracting. Star Trek Into Darkness was an example. I did take the glasses home and were surprised to find they worked with my LG 3D TV.
But, then again, someone posted 30 minutes of Avatar in 3D on Youtube. It was miraculous. I've never seen it in 3D before.
KVRAF

11006 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm Re: It's coming.................................

My main problem with 3D videos up until this day is the so called "paper figurine" effect. Or at least I'd like to call that.

I was late night shopping a couple of hours ago, and took another look at the LG 3D TV. Certain stuff is with specific depth perception, no doubt. But the background is still a flat image, or sometimes figures in the foreground.

I've seen that with AVATAR 3D (you can find trailers on YT where you can the "crosseye" technique - which strains the eyes, but works for presentation purposes). Here you can clearly see the embosed effect around actors, everything else is like 16bit games Parallax Scrolling Effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RZRE0M3Hvc

Another thing that is concerning me a bit with the recent Godzilla trailers... maybe they don't want to blow this or something but... people want to see Godzilla use his atomatic ray. Yet we only saw Godzilla scream, mostly frontal, no other attacks, no fights, just stomping around. Granted, makes it look more menacing. But I'd like to know if they pull if off right. Unlike what we saw with... er... Zilla.
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:47 am Re: It's coming.................................

It depends on what you watch. I have an LG 3D TV. It has 2D to 3D upconvert. This is where you get that 'cut out' effect.
It also does real 3D, but it's passive 3D like in the movie theaters.
But you have to have a 3D source, like a 3D blu ray player and movie.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 am Re: It's coming.................................

Seen both ways. Will maybe even see "Winter Soldier" tonight in "RealD 3D" - both is not really great, and more gimmick than it's worth IMO. THe sad thing is, this is the new way to milk movie goers. Additonal to the so called "blockbuster fees" and "overlength" (pretty much everything that is longer than 90min, then it goes in 30min steps).
addled muppet weed

34214 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:22 am Re: It's coming.................................

you pay extra for longer films?
not like that here.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:40 am Re: It's coming.................................

This BS trend started sometime end of the 90ies and is kept on since now in Germany.

Don't ask me why, I don't know. It's just sh*t behavior. Especially if you have to pay "Blockbuster TAX" and on top of that, up to 2 bucks extra for a 121min movie! And then they fade out the credits since there obviously is "nothing added" anymore.

Yeah right... with about 50% of movies today, there is always a bonus scene. Ruined by both the cinema and the visitors that are like "movie's over... gotta pee!".
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 am Re: It's coming.................................

That's nuts. Though they do charge extra for 3D movies here. I think $3.00.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:30 am Re: It's coming.................................

Ah funk it, won't see "Winter Soldier" tonight, would be too late to get back home from the "late night screening" (even though the cinema would be empty), though maybe I drive over to another cinema to pick up some 3D glasses and convert them into 2D ones.

If they sell them separately...
This way I can still enjoy the movie in May without possible headaches - prepared in advance, and I can even test it in stores (since LG TV's also use RealD typish technology). :tu:
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm Re: It's coming.................................

So the first monster is properly revealed. It's codenamed MUTO, but it's actual name is supposed to be "Hokmuto".

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Muto

There is sound snipped of the roar of this monster, a link to a Toy Gallery, and a screenshot from movie footage.

To be honest... I still don't know what to think of that monster. It reminds me a bit too much of Pacific Rim mixed with Cloverfield - but massively simplyfied (think Neon Genesis Evangelion). At least from looks of the toy line.

Speaking of the toy line... Godzilla toys are available now as well (mostly Bandai). Including one Godzilla with Atomic Ray. But... it looks darn stupid. So do most of the figures. Looks like the best figurines might be resin models (if they are similar to the concept figurines) - and they sure as hell won't be cheap.

Oh, and to those that rather prefer Godzilla movies with suits... maybe this is up your alley:
https://youtu.be/0bpwmiuwjLo

:hihi:
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 pm Re: It's coming.................................

MOAR FOOTAGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9hJxEG-etE

Dammit, release it already!

Already finished modding two RealD 3D glasses to 2D. So let the RAGE begin on the big screen.

A KVR meetup at a Godzilla screening might definitely be fun. Though I dunno how many Berlin KVRians are also "Kaiju movie fans". :hihi:

Oh and... just found this particular gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rZ-n9rjALM

:tu:
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:14 pm Re: It's coming.................................

This thing will make a billion dollars.
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:16 pm Re: It's coming.................................

I sure hope so - I want to see the already announced "Destroy all Monsters" type sequel - unless it's goofy like the old Showa Era. :hihi:

If this movie is really a success, maybe Hollywood finally realizes, that there are more talented "low profile" writers and filmmakers.

And yes, the BD is pretty much bought at this point. Let's just hope that the original Godzilla gets another BD release treatment - but please not the US cut, but the original cut (as it was bundled with "Final Wars").
KVRAF

2625 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:45 pm Re: It's coming.................................

KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:36 pm Re: It's coming.................................

Sometimes I feel, that Minilla is definitely the "Dan Hibiki" in the Godzilla universe. :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic