Pay what you think its worth synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have some money left on a prepaid visa after buying the steinberg dongle for halion sonic and thought I'd like to support some developers and get another synth if I can. If you know of any synths that are pay what you think its worth and isn't offered free otherwise please let me know so I can put the remaining balance to use. Peace~Tim
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Basically that is the same as real donationware (unlike pseudo-donationware where you are expected to "donate", i.e. pay, in order to get the full version. Some people seem to confuse low price with donation...).

You could download some of the TAL plugins, and donate some money to his Paypal if you like. :) Some good stuff there. Not sure if there are many "pay what you like" plugins out there. At least i haven't came by many of those.

chk071 wrote:You could download some of the TAL plugins, and donate some money to his Paypal if you like. :) Some good stuff there. Not sure if there are many "pay what you like" plugins out there. At least i haven't came by many of those.
+1 for TAL plugs, they are great.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Timman wrote:
chk071 wrote:You could download some of the TAL plugins, and donate some money to his Paypal if you like. :) Some good stuff there. Not sure if there are many "pay what you like" plugins out there. At least i haven't came by many of those.
+1 for TAL plugs, they are great.
+2. was just hyping the stuff up to someone who is new to computer recording.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

messiah or memory moon ar cheap enough and great for the money. OPX player is $40 for pro sounding presets and no ability to program it but hey OBXD is out now for that.

Gino's adventus was best value for money, I'm tempted to donate to him more if it motivates him to create adventus 2 from backwards engineering his lost code, I wonder how much it would take? Let's create a 'gino get off you lazy ass and make adventus 2' donation fund.. :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Gino's adventus was best value for money, I'm tempted to donate to him more if it motivates him to create adventus 2 from backwards engineering his lost code, I wonder how much it would take?
Wait, are we talking about Softplug's "Adventus"? :o So...the code is lost, but the plugin is still up for sale? Am I the only one who finds that strange? :ud:
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I tried to buy Adventus from PrimePlugs about a year ago, and they tell me it was not available anymore? :?
http://primeplugins.com/adventus-vsti.html

Um...so "Adventus" is in fact K.O. then...good to know.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Contact gino, I misplaced the original installer and he sent me another within a few hours after I sent him the email. I was really impressed! He still supports his customers however he can without the code. I even talked to him about creating another adventus and he said he'd have to start the code over. It seems he's been in contact with the creator of synthedit to sort of backward engineer the plugin in synth edit. I'm not sure of far he's gotten. But lets hope he releases something soon. I'm still impressed with adventus to this day, its incredibly warm sounding and phat, definetley on par with sylenth and spire IMO. He's talented to make that in synth edit :o

TTU Youtube

Well IMO "Adventus" is not quite on par with Sylenth (it lacks that incredible sound clarity even when driven hard), but agreed, it does sound warm & fat (especially the DF version).

Sylenth can do alot more than adventus but for some keys and plucky leads it covers the area bout the same as sylenth with some subtle differences. Has plenty of bread and butter sounds and fits well in the mix. Its a fantastic synth imo all the more considering how old it is :-D

TTU Youtube

TAl Chorus is free but I would of donated for it if I had some cash too good to be free. Tal plugins bypassed my radar until ta few weeks ago. They now have a Roland SH-101 which review sites say is the best emulation of it.

I used to have Adventus, bought it used, sold it used, and don't miss it at all. I remember there was some noise when playing chords, probably due to the ancient SE modules used. The reverb sounded like metal, horrible. It is leagues below Sylenth, frankly, and way overpriced.
The double filter architecture allowed for some decent sounds, but the equally old SuperWave plugins offer the same thing, and they have been updated more or less regularly and thus sound much cleaner. Not to mention that they cost less.

And how could that Gino guy lose the code (I don't like that word in this context, it was just wired up SE modules)?! That sounds a bit unprofessional to me. I hope the SE guys are not wasting their time on backengineering Adventus, but are instead working on the 64-bit version of SE.

Return to “Instruments”