NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote:
christianmusicmaker wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:A long time ago, there was a time when NI were releasing actual true PLUGINS, and not just Reaktor based effects and synths. I surely miss that time.

Not you have to have Reaktor or its free version, download it, update it, register it, fire it to use your effects…
This is what I do not like about it. Reaktor offers much but there is too much emphasis on the need for Reaktor. Not needed IMO for this plug.
A couple of things here:

With certain plugs, NI has not, in the past, been afraid to offer standalone vst versions of their effects plugs (i.e. without GR or Reaktor). The Softube line of dynamics plugs is a good example of this. I suspect that this is done to appeal to the broadest possible audience. And, it may also reflect some kind of arrangement with the good folks at Softube.

On the othe hand, there are plenty of other quality plugs that NI has refused (for whatever reason) to set free. Molekular would seem to be a prime candidate for independence, and I would think that there would be a massive audience for an independent version of this plug. However, I suspect that the reason it remains tethered might have to do with a marketing strategy for Reaktor. What better way to get Reaktor demos (player version) into the hands of the uninitiated than to tie it with the use of some other really cool payware?
But then they must keep prices lower. Like Razor. Now this new plugin is pretty expensive.I bought Reaktor for 99 euro. I would never buy it for 399 euro to get another plugin for 149 euro.

a) still haven't tried it because even with the examples and such I don't know what I'd use it for

b) it's pricey

c) @ "release" : I'm not sure what NI is doing. They released stuff like the compressors and solid mix but haven't even done "reflektor" yet. My point is that they seem to have a strange agenda for this.

anybody else getting weird behavior and losing audio with the frequency shifter module?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Igro wrote:But then they must keep prices lower. Like Razor. Now this new plugin is pretty expensive.I bought Reaktor for 99 euro. I would never buy it for 399 euro to get another plugin for 149 euro.
Yeah, that would start to add up, but the problem really isn't the pricing; there's definitely 149 euros' worth of goodness in Molekular. The problem, for some, is paying 149 euros for it now then having it go on sale for 75 euros a few months later.

I know I hate that feeling.

Again; NI has conditioned its user-base to expect 50% off sales. I haven't paid full price for anything from Native Instruments.

And the more I think about it, Molekular may be included in K10. NI might make it the centerpiece of it, as Monark is of K9.

So I guess the real problem is that we don't know NI's sales or release schedule.

As an aside, I'm not completely familiar with how NI packages Komplete; do the "Ultimate" editions always include every Komplete instrument, effect, and sample library that's been released to date?

If so, K10U is gonna be a dilly of a pickle!
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

highkoo wrote:What is the latency on it?
Vary by module?
Does every module have wet/dry?
For the handful of modules that can add significant latency (all ones that are doing FFT), the module actually shows you a real value in ms.

OK, so I drank the NI Molekular Koolaid, and holy mother of god, this thing is stunning on stunning. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I don't care. It's so inspiring and I've literally had like 20+ happy accidents just in the short time I've gotten it today and I don't say this meekly: this FX plugin is the best, bar-none, creative multi effect I've ever used.

The modulation is pure heaven. The amount of thought, love, and genius that went into this plugin is enormous. Truly a must have.

This plugin is going to change electronic music and especially sound design forever.

It makes super deep complicated things extremely easy and the productivity is stellar.

Been playing a bit with this and made some really rough track using bitwig, a handful of random (yes I truly mean that) loops from Beatburner VST, and this is the result. Now you might not like this, and that's fine, but I recorded this live, and it took me only about an hour.

I'm more inspired by Molekular than any other plugin I've owned so far. This is #1 in my book. Hands down. The price is fully justified, IMO.

https://soundcloud.com/grymmjack/molekular-2

Molekular certainly qualifies for "The Next Big Thing"-award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNYbQA0faQU

Sampleconstruct wrote:Molekular certainly qualifies for "The Next Big Thing"-award.
Beautiful sounds! When is your bank ready? You've got command of this starship for sure. Sounds fantastic, Simon.

Anyone else having the problem that double-click on the label doesn't bring up the modulation mapping overview panel? This worked before, but does not work when I load one of my own presets in nkrprst format. It seems like it's not working at all actually and has no bearing on my own presets.

Win8 Pro / Bitwig 32bit 1.0.6RC1 / Reaktor 5.9.0 R725

grymmjack wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Molekular certainly qualifies for "The Next Big Thing"-award.
Beautiful sounds! When is your bank ready? You've got command of this starship for sure. Sounds fantastic, Simon.
Thank's man, bank is coming first half of May, I spent the whole night with it, just can't stop...

grymmjack wrote:Anyone else having the problem that double-click on the label doesn't bring up the modulation mapping overview panel? This worked before, but does not work when I load one of my own presets in nkrprst format. It seems like it's not working at all actually and has no bearing on my own presets.

You have to be in assignment-mode in order to be able to double click the labels.

Very cool grymmjack

Sampleconstruct wrote:
grymmjack wrote:Anyone else having the problem that double-click on the label doesn't bring up the modulation mapping overview panel? This worked before, but does not work when I load one of my own presets in nkrprst format. It seems like it's not working at all actually and has no bearing on my own presets.

You have to be in assignment-mode in order to be able to double click the labels.
Thank you sir!

camsr wrote:Very cool grymmjack
Hey thanks camsr :)

I drank the Kool-Aid and bought it. Very nice so far, this will likely replace a pile of standalone plugins.

It can create some trippy sounds, man...!
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Return to “Effects”