Reverie of Angels

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strings, voices and tuned percussion combine to create an uplifting, thoughtful atmosphere.

ALL of the music stems from one simple motif which is used in various ways throughout the different parts.

SOFTWARE:
Camel Audio's ALCHEMY - featuring sounds created by Simon Stockhausen and Martin Walker.

KONTAKT sampler - featuring sounds from Dan Wilson at Hideaway Studio.

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -of-angels

lovely piece Mark - beautiful sounds and great use of repetition

A gem. I enjoy pieces that grow out of a simple part.

In the second half when the piece unwound itself, it might have been interesting if the motif played in reverse.

I would prefer a little less reverb in the mix but I realize you were going for a floaty, heavenly effect.

Thanks for the feedback...always appreciated.

Reversing the theme....funny you should mention that - I often retrograde melodic and rhythmic motifs and tried to do just that here! :0) My first rough draft actually had much of the second half in reverse, but I decided late on that it didn't quite work...shame as I loved it at first! :0) maybe I'll have another listen!

REVERB - a little excessive at times, I agree! A lot comes from the CHOIR patch in Alchemy...it morphs a lot through various changes and the reverb smooths it all out at key moments!

woggle wrote:lovely piece Mark - beautiful sounds and great use of repetition
+1 :clap: :love:

Thank you.

ChamMusic wrote:My first rough draft actually had much of the second half in reverse, but I decided late on that it didn't quite work...shame as I loved it at first! :0) maybe I'll have another listen!
Yes, a reversed 2nd half would fit the structure of the piece very well. I'm not sure how it would sound but would be interested in hearing an alternate version if you're so inclined.

Return to “Music Cafe”