Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can´t resist... I bite 8)

I'm going for it.
An in-depth post about prime's features should be up tomorrow.

Musical Gym wrote:I'm going for it.
Excellent. That's what I'm waiting for.

Just jumped in at the first tier...this looks really cool!

G

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was already wondering how the VST would work. I mean, I connect my mic to the DAW, where it obviously goes into an audio track. Then what? How do I get the audio track to control a synth on another track?
In Sonar X3 with Melodyne Essential incorporated with ARA you just drag the audio track to a midi track. And voila - it's midi. It's kind of freaky to see it happen for the first time, but it is very useful if you're singing or playing fairly simple monophonic lines.

Uncle E wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:I'm going for it.
Excellent. That's what I'm waiting for.
imitone prime (in more depth)

declan32001 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I was already wondering how the VST would work. I mean, I connect my mic to the DAW, where it obviously goes into an audio track. Then what? How do I get the audio track to control a synth on another track?
In Sonar X3 with Melodyne Essential incorporated with ARA you just drag the audio track to a midi track. And voila - it's midi. It's kind of freaky to see it happen for the first time, but it is very useful if you're singing or playing fairly simple monophonic lines.
Sounds cool :) What data is extracted from the audio? Pitch, length, and volume for sure, anything else?

Would have been impressed ~10 years ago. You can easily replicate this with Supercollider
http://new-supercollider-mailing-lists- ... 11219.html ...

so if i'm wanting to run it as it now works (not vst) running into ableton-
ableton is using my audio interface as the driver,,, can i go audio into imitone using the same audio interface (mic audio input) at the same time as it is being used by ableton?.. how does all that work?
thanks, if anyone can help

Very cool project worth backing. Done.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Is there an upgrade path to prime for backers of the "standard" imitone?

Great youtube videos, cant wait to try out! Seems to be best voice2midi so far!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

What version is everyone getting?

I backed it, prime level. Mainly because I'd want the tonal control as well.

Hope it's as good as it appears to be

fluffy_little_something wrote:
declan32001 wrote:
Sounds cool :) What data is extracted from the audio? Pitch, length, and volume for sure, anything else?
Well, it intrepets the pitch, timing and length. It seems pretty accurate to me. While there are definite limits to it's usefulness for me I admit I have no idea what Melodyne Editor can do with more complicated (and polyphonic parts). But I find it fun. And fun is my greatest source of inspiration these days.

Return to “Instruments”