rockstar astronaut - music for spaceports I

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just released my new album/song/piece "music for spaceports I":
http://rockstar-astronaut.bandcamp.com/ ... aceports-i

i broke the upload size limit at bandcamp with this one, so i had to divide it into three parts.
the unaltered, undivided version is available here as mp3: http://rockstar-astronaut.com/_mfs/musi ... _I_mp3.zip

edit:
and here as flac: http://rockstar-astronaut.com/_mfs/musi ... I_flac.zip
Last edited by astrochimp on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

over 300M of mp3 !

:)

looking forward to listening

great piece Clemens - incredibly intense and I'd also say courageous composing to stick with the build for that length of time - but really works.
Congratulations

Trying to dload now. Only showing the zip 'part' at this moment...?

EDIT - Ok. It appears to be filling the zip. :)
EDIT2- Wow, 2.45 hrs. Will listen in full tomorrow...perhaps.
Looking forward to the experience.
EDIT3- I`m an official Space Cadet with both hands on the controls and ready to blast off Captain. Ok, go for it. Roger that. Sssssssssspppppppppplllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssshhhhhhhhhgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhpppplat.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I started playing it and had to keep listening. I`m nearing the end of the piece now.
I love this. I wish I had done it. You have created an artistic musical masterpiece in my estimation. This is brilliant ! I`ll have to phone up Chuck Van Zyl at WXPN radio in Philadelphia (my home town) to see if he`s interested in playing it over the air.
http://www.starsend.org/
There is a submission process normally, but considering it`s extreme length I feel it best to call him first. Let you know what he says.

woggle wrote:great piece Clemens - incredibly intense and I'd also say courageous composing to stick with the build for that length of time - but really works.
Congratulations
:oops: :) thank you very much! it did indeed feel a littly risky sometimes working a lot on a long track most people just wouldn't take the time listening to, but in the end it was really worth it. especially feedback like yours made it worth it.

annode wrote:I`m an official Space Cadet with both hands on the controls and ready to blast off Captain. Ok, go for it. Roger that. Sssssssssspppppppppplllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssshhhhhhhhhgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhpppplat.
:lol:

annode wrote:I started playing it and had to keep listening. I`m nearing the end of the piece now.
I love this. I wish I had done it. You have created an artistic musical masterpiece in my estimation. This is brilliant ! I`ll have to phone up Chuck Van Zyl at WXPN radio in Philadelphia (my home town) to see if he`s interested in playing it over the air.
http://www.starsend.org/
There is a submission process normally, but considering it`s extreme length I feel it best to call him first. Let you know what he says.
wow! thank you! i'm extremely honored by your kind words and your actions. thank you!

I've just listened to the first part (on bandcamp). It reminds me of a hybrid of late '70s Fripp with Ricochet-era TD. The sounds have some great movement, and the piece is quite hypnotic and imparts a sense of slow-motion. The Eno reference is spot-on.

I'll try and get to the other two parts later in the week.

Good work :)

Hope to grab this tonight Clemens… off to start my day now.
Image Image

Well my rockstar astronaut newsletter showed up today with a convenient download link! :)

Loving what I've heard so far Clemens - bravo!
Image Image

seismic1 wrote:I've just listened to the first part (on bandcamp). It reminds me of a hybrid of late '70s Fripp with Ricochet-era TD. The sounds have some great movement, and the piece is quite hypnotic and imparts a sense of slow-motion. The Eno reference is spot-on.

I'll try and get to the other two parts later in the week.

Good work :)
thank you! i'm very flattered by those comparisons! :oops: i hope it works, listened to in parts.

Still not finished, but this is amazing, enjoying it so much!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Still not finished, but this is amazing, enjoying it so much!
Not surprised that you also see how great this work is Matt. :)
Very reminiscent of a time past when electronic/ambient music was just being presented for the first time over the airwaves in some major cities around the world.
Eno`s laid back style of extended length ambience is featured in the 1st third of this piece, presented very creatively and tastefully by Rockstar Astronaut`s own signature Rhodes/e-piano/Wurlitzer sound.

It then morphs through a mist of droning sound layers into another represented early stage electronic environmental music harking the days of oscillating vacuum tubes and short wave radio interference patterns.
I have a special place in my heart for the early days of electronic/computer music when form and texture, above tonal relevance, were the primary elements of composition.

This extended length format is not for the timid, as with the ADHD culture, who feel a need to be somewhere else when they have only just arrived. Listening is not like watching the grass grow or waiting for paint to dry but is like an auditory sensory awareness of one`s-self and one`s own biological process. A meditative journey. A spiritual cleansing. If you can find the courage to let the world go and travel within yourself, Rockstar Astronaut will take you to and back from Spaceports I.

EDIT - After listening to the 2nd 2 3rds a second time, I do have 1 criticism, the ascending/descending tones 1hr and 40min section could be shortened anywhere from 15 to 30mins IMHO.

polyslax wrote:Loving what I've heard so far Clemens - bravo!
:oops: 8) :D

Return to “Music Cafe”