Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

How does it compare with Diva in terms of CPU when playing modest pads (i.e. not all that super duper zillion saw stuff) or 2-voice unison leads?

I like the concept, the fact that it includes everything to finish patches off, even compressor :) You don't have to make Spire-FX racks in your DAW that you can't take with you when switching to another DAW.

frag wrote:Please add multi-thread support.

I can work with Spire even now on i7 (I used 15 instances in a track without any issues), but for those killer hypersaw pads, you need multi-threading...
I made a pad which literally buries Access Virus. And it runs on my CPU.
But to make it work with full 16-voice polyphony, it really demands multi-threading.

Thanks for the amazing machine!
+1000 would be totally inSPIREtional

sound_dev wrote:
4damind wrote:Nice update!
Only a question... it seems you dropped the idea of a preset browser?
No, we are still planning to release preset browser, but it takes some time.
This is great news. Thanks for giving us the bank selector in the meantime :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I am demoing Spire now, the sound as such is very good, but the mono modes seem to cause quite audible clicks, even with slow attack :?

PS: Seems it had to do with the wrong curve type for the filter envelope decay, changed that, now the clicks are gone :)

I love the EQ, simple yet very effective and easy to use thanks to the display :)

The user interface is a bit small, though, at least the labels are weak and hard to read...

To re-post here from Reveal Sound forum. My list of requests.
Bold is ESSENTIAL.

Multi-thread support
Patch browser
Spire standalone
Spire FX
Audio input
Custom wave import
Type-in value for each parameter

Maybe:
SYNC/RESET ON KEY STROKE for Unison Oscs, to make tighter unison basses!
Somehow I cannot make tight Unison basses, ANA on/off does not help.
The sound is too much unstable for my taste...

If I have to buy Spire again to make all this happen - I will buy it again.

I was doing a JP-8000 emulation last night...

It came very close to the original - an untrained ear would certainly be "fooled". However, it would be great to have a true emulation of JP-8000 unison, and filters, on Spire. Right now, the sound becomes too thick, it simply wouldn't fit in the mix as good as a the real JP-8000. (Not that it wouldn't fit at all, it would still sound very nice and interesting.)

Oh, and it would be great to have Minimoog and MS-20 filters emulated, too!

frag wrote:I was doing a JP-8000 emulation last night...

It came very close to the original - an untrained ear would certainly be "fooled". However, it would be great to have a true emulation of JP-8000 unison, and filters, on Spire. Right now, the sound becomes too thick, it simply wouldn't fit in the mix as good as a the real JP-8000. (Not that it wouldn't fit at all, it would still sound very nice and interesting.)

Oh, and it would be great to have Minimoog and MS-20 filters emulated, too!
If you want proper a JP-8000 oscillator (including Feedback Osc) and also Minimoog and MS-20 filters you should maybe have a look at U-He Diva... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

JP-8000 is dead dude.

Move FORWARD.

Spire does not try to emulate any specific synth if I am not mistaken.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Spire does not try to emulate any specific synth if I am not mistaken.
Nope, checked the manual, no mention of any emulations whatsoever. No mention of 303 type sounds, Virus or anything.

Page 9/25 : http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... al_eng.pdf

Still happy I purchased it, compliments my Virus and xox' nicely.

MFXxx wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Spire does not try to emulate any specific synth if I am not mistaken.
Nope, checked the manual, no mention of any emulations whatsoever. No mention of 303 type sounds, Virus or anything.

Page 9/25 : http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... al_eng.pdf

Still happy I purchased it, compliments my Virus and xox' nicely.
"Acido type does not repeat at 100%, but good for simulating TB-303 sounds and not only."

Sounds like a rather vague, general emulation. I assume by repeat they mean emulate, right?

I assume MFXxx was being sarcastic,
cause the manual also says the infecto filter was a cousin to the Virus.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:I assume MFXxx was being sarcastic,
cause the manual also says the infecto filter was a cousin to the Virus.
rsp
I know it was sarcasm or irony, but not justified in my view because unlike TAL stuff Spire does not seem to try and nail any hardware synth. Plus, filters are just one aspect of emulating a synth, anyway, though an important one of course.

sqigls wrote:JP-8000 is dead dude.

Move FORWARD.
So dead, that one can hear it being mimicked in every other track either on beat port or radio or whatever, so dead, that I'm sick of that cheesy supersaw radio crap, utter POS, it would make a perfect mix compilation for peadophiles.
All that crap and peadphiles are the same to me, lol
I'm relaxed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiFzE9aVDQ
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

...lol ironically complimentary. No axe to grind, it's a great plugin/synth and is in no way promising any form of emulation...

it's all good...lots of love all round :)

Return to “Instruments”