Latest Builds (rev 2228) (Apr 9th)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ah, sorry, seems filtered out - my email is niels at dettenbach dot de

No worries, we had been in touch with Avid about this. Turns out that we did a fix for some other problem which works very well in PT 11.1.3 beta (not yet released) but does not yet *at all* work in the current version. That's why we couldn't reproduce it.

Hence we'll fix it from our side, and AVid will fix it from theirs.

Maybe as soon as mid of next week we'll have fixed versions.

nevermind - disregard, issue is probably because of another vst

Urs wrote:
3ee wrote:Also, BIG UP! for the browser tweak not having all sub-folders open when opening a folder. :clap:
Yep, that's different.
But why isn't the "Local" folder opened by default?

I'm noticing this problem in the latest build of Ace (2211) so I'm posting this here...

In Ace, there are clicks when the synth is stealing voices in poly mode with voices set to few. This is especially evident on a patch with long release. But it doesn't click in mono (not legato) mode. Is there a setting to make poly mode steal voices the same non-clicky way the single voice gets, er, re-used in mono mode? Or is this a bug?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/791 ... ealing.mp3

Here's the patch I'm using in that snippet - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/791 ... ealing.h2p

~Pd~ wrote:I'm noticing this problem in the latest build of Ace (2211) so I'm posting this here...
Confirmed. Will see what I can do about this.

It must be related to a fix of another thing, so I hope that fixing this does not break whatever was fixed before.

Those clicks have actually been in ACE forever. Pretty much. I tried with some older revisions and get the same clicks.

Thing is, the mono mode does not exactly steal notes. It iterates through voices in a round robin fashion, quickly fading out one vocie while starting to play the next.

I will try to improve on this, but I'm not sure if it's 100% fixable.

Nevertheless: Switching "singing envelopes" on on the tweak page fixes the issues. It makes ACE's envelopes behave like analogue ones that are not restarted from zero, but from where they actually were while the voice was still playing.

Thanks, Urs! Singing envelopes is perfect. It gives me the result I want. No improvement necessary. Maybe add something to the user manual, though, giving this scenario as a usage case for switching on singing envelopes - I checked after you mentioned it and it's a little abstract, giving no indication why you'd want or need to switch it on.

April 9th, revision 2228

- removed links because newer versions are available -

Changes since 2211
  • should really fix AAX (autosave) crash bug for good
  • added missing buttons/drop down graphics to Filterscape
  • fixed missing Sync button in ZebraCM
  • fixed possible crash in VST
  • fixed automation-stops-when-editor-opens bug in Live/Bitwig
  • reworked Mac Installers (solve permissions issue?)
  • updated Filterscape, Satin user guide
  • changed initial open/close laws for preset folder
These hopefully fix the most pressing issues. We know of some bugs with VST3 and you better don't automate parameters with an LFO in Bitwig :oops:

Urs wrote:and you better don't automate parameters with an LFO in Bitwig :oops:
How about Reaper? :clown: :hyper:

EvilDragon wrote:
Does Reaper even have an LFO?

pdxindy wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
I didn't know either…so I just looked and boy does it!! For a given track with one or more plug-ins, each plug-in has some automatable parameters. Open the Envelope dialog for the track and each of those automatable parameters can have an automation envelope. For each of those automation envelopes you can enable an LFO. The individual LFOs can run at different rates, and with different shapes, and can be tempo synced.

Wow !! :o I :love: this!!

And where's the "azimuth" in Satin? :D

ho66it wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
I didn't know either…so I just looked and boy does it!! For a given track with one or more plug-ins, each plug-in has some automatable parameters. Open the Envelope dialog for the track and each of those automatable parameters can have an automation envelope. For each of those automation envelopes you can enable an LFO. The individual LFOs can run at different rates, and with different shapes, and can be tempo synced.

Wow !! :o I :love: this!!
I've tried those Reaper parameter LFO's before... sometimes they do not center on the parameter value as set (night have been user inexperience)... They are also clumsy... very powerful though and you can use other parameters in a rig setup... They are Reaper like... super powerful and lacking in intuitive easy use...

As far as ease of use, the modulation in Bitwig is superb (though still having teething pains). At the moment, it is not just the LFO with a nested U-he synth that crashes... one or more automation lanes and playing notes will sooner or later crash U-he stuff in Bitwig (at least for me on OSX)

Return to “u-he”