The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mister Natural wrote:beautiful Morelia - izzat a gold top or stain & grain ?
It's a stained finish. Sorry the photo is not that great.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

tapper mike wrote:What every happened to Suzi Wong? She was an amazing resource
"She"?

yeah, yeah, yeah. Someone else already pointed that out to me.

If some uses a female user name I'll refer to that person as female. Not my issue.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

She's doing well Mike the last time I spoke to him, As fierce a gear hound as ever, I'm sure that She occasionally reads up on some threads despite not actively posting anymore :tu: A really awesome dude and gentleman

Anyway the latest addition to my descent in to madness is...

I won't rattle on with all the specs as they can be found here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_pag ... color=CL01

It plays absolutely fantastic and sounds fantastic, I was expecting the additional 2.4" of fretboard to take some getting used to but quite honestly it took about half an hour and I simply don't notice it when switching between the three guitars I have which have the traditional 27" baritone scale-length. The neck is as anyone familiar with Ibanez's wizard series profiles knows a real treat to navigate. It is obviously wider than I'm used to but again it took little time to get used to and I can only say Ibby have done a fine job. The single Lundgren model P8 humbucker at the bridge sounds extremely good from crystal clean with the tone and volume backed off to full on high-gain savagery with everything set flat out. It is one of only very few humbuckers I have tried/am aware of which is capable of such versatility. It isn't ridiculous weight wise which is a big plus point also, I was expecting it to be a total back snapper if I'm honest, It feels solid and robust in every aspect and can easily be made to sound as brutal and intimidating as it looks yet as mentioned is capable of some deceptively deep, rich clean sounds (you know the sort that don't require any effects to work well which is a typical problem with most heavy/extreme metal orientated guitars I am used to and indeed own a number of). I honestly could see/hear modern jazz players making fantastic use of the M80M and I wouldn't say that lightly.
What have I done to it or had to do it out of the box? Well I haven't done anything yet apart from tune it, The only thing I plan to do is drop a heavier gauge string on the lowest position as the factory fitted set are fine (D'Addario EXLs, Which I use anyway along with DR strings sometimes) but the lowest string for my particular preference needs more tension than the .65 offers. So once I have put a .70 or just above on it, It'll be champion

What does it sound like? Well when I get to changing the lowest string and laying some ideas down, I will gladly post some of my own shit (for better or worse)

Gotta catch up on some pages of this thread and some really good looking eye candy to gaup at which is exactly what I'm going to do, Best to everyone as always :D

Dean

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:She's doing well Mike the last time I spoke to him, As fierce a gear hound as ever, I'm sure that She occasionally reads up on some threads despite not actively posting anymore :tu: A really awesome dude and gentleman

Anyway the latest addition to my descent in to madness is...

I won't rattle on with all the specs as they can be found here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_pag ... color=CL01

It plays absolutely fantastic and sounds fantastic, I was expecting the additional 2.4" of fretboard to take some getting used to but quite honestly it took about half an hour and I simply don't notice it when switching between the three guitars I have which have the traditional 27" baritone scale-length. The neck is as anyone familiar with Ibanez's wizard series profiles knows a real treat to navigate. It is obviously wider than I'm used to but again it took little time to get used to and I can only say Ibby have done a fine job. The single Lundgren model P8 humbucker at the bridge sounds extremely good from crystal clean with the tone and volume backed off to full on high-gain savagery with everything set flat out. It is one of only very few humbuckers I have tried/am aware of which is capable of such versatility. It isn't ridiculous weight wise which is a big plus point also, I was expecting it to be a total back snapper if I'm honest, It feels solid and robust in every aspect and can easily be made to sound as brutal and intimidating as it looks yet as mentioned is capable of some deceptively deep, rich clean sounds (you know the sort that don't require any effects to work well which is a typical problem with most heavy/extreme metal orientated guitars I am used to and indeed own a number of). I honestly could see/hear modern jazz players making fantastic use of the M80M and I wouldn't say that lightly.
What have I done to it or had to do it out of the box? Well I haven't done anything yet apart from tune it, The only thing I plan to do is drop a heavier gauge string on the lowest position as the factory fitted set are fine (D'Addario EXLs, Which I use anyway along with DR strings sometimes) but the lowest string for my particular preference needs more tension than the .65 offers. So once I have put a .70 or just above on it, It'll be champion

What does it sound like? Well when I get to changing the lowest string and laying some ideas down, I will gladly post some of my own shit (for better or worse)

Gotta catch up on some pages of this thread and some really good looking eye candy to gaup at which is exactly what I'm going to do, Best to everyone as always :D

Dean

+1 on suziwong and congrats on the new guitar dude...it's a beast...looking forward to hearing it (I'm sure Lauren will love hearing it too) :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

(double)

Aegean Music > Amp Vision amp modeling / Pitchproof pitch shifter / Spirit Reverb / Doppler Dome
http://aegeanmusic.com

siriusbliss wrote:
Scorpion_Dolphin_guitars.jpg
Half fretless!!! :hail:

We're not worthy!

i don't play too much and i'm not very good at all (mainly into blues and rock as far as guitar goes), but was able to pick up my dream guitar last year. a 1966 Hagstrom III, it's got a handful of blemishes but really is in fantastic shape for being almost fifty years old.

absolutely love it.

jbuonacc wrote:i don't play too much and i'm not very good at all (mainly into blues and rock as far as guitar goes), but was able to pick up my dream guitar last year. a 1966 Hagstrom III, it's got a handful of blemishes but really is in fantastic shape for being almost fifty years old.

absolutely love it.
my second guitar was a Hagstrom II...that one is a beauty :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

jbuonacc wrote: Image
absolutely love it.
more switches than strings - that is so cool !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:
jbuonacc wrote: Image
absolutely love it.
more switches than strings - that is so cool !
you use to need an fcc license to play it :hihi:

morelia wrote:My precious. Have tried a few times to have it dated but nothing conclusive. Generally thought to be around 1973. I've had it for around 25 years. Playability and sound are wonderful to me.
LP.jpg
Yeah, the early-mid '70s are confusing as far as Gibson serial numbers go. Have you seen this?

http://www.gibson.com/Files/downloads/b ... ctrics.pdf

ew
A spectral heretic...

maybe it's a stupid question but... Still exist again the La Bella strings? They are yet commercially available? In all sicKcilian music shops i've visit not avaible but i've loved a lot that strings, very brilliant sound!

The most brilliant sounding strings I've used are the Blue Steels, followed by Elixirs. Maybe try those?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”