Would you like 90's Rompler sound? or do you know Ravity?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ravity R Ravity S

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, you don't have a new developer, yet. Does that mean you will simply sell that ancient stuff again without any changes? 8)
Yes. Again, many uesrs have wanted to purchase Ravity for years. Even though Ravity's version is older specifications. :?

Yeeeaaah!!! How I wanted for it! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Numanoid wrote:If Ravity S could go on sale again for something like $20-30, I would consider buying it.
We have not decided price. I expected under $40.
Try demo version. And send us your OS & DAW version infomations 8) . Then you will be received 50% coupon. :)
Last edited by skycha on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skycha wrote:And send us your OS & DAW
You want me to send you my copy of FL Studio :o :D

Numanoid wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Now I only wish Yamaha would get their sh*t together and re-release their XG software synths in VST form, and in x64. Doesn't even have to have a GUI (I have the manuals for the XG-50). It only needs to be ported to modern days.
A MU80 can be picked up for 100 bucks or so from ebay, that's like the XG-50 in a box-o-sounds, that can be midied up to a computer
I have the XG-50 (my first synth), I have the MU-15 (same board as the XG-50), I do have some DLLs from the once free downloadable MIDI player by Yamaha (which was never an official release, especially outside Japan), and I'm sure I have a software XG-20 or so lying around with a videogame.

I'm definitely covered, but that is just not as comfortable as having an official VSTi. But no, Yamaha is only pushing their MOTIF range. And Roland dropped their "EDIROL" branch as well... So what you can get these days are overprocessed synths, unless you go Kontakt with Hollow Sun, Hideaway Studio, Prodyon, Sonic Cat (formerly Luxonix) and maybe even Digital Sound Factory (license holders of the old E-MU samples).

So yeah, I do have my eyes on Ravity again. Might be something different for a change. But I'm just confused about the S/R/16 tags.

And there is hope, that LFX-1310 also sees an x64 update.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I'm a little bit confused right now...
You can download Ravity S, R and 16. Was Ravity sold as "bundle" back in the day? I don't think so.

So what I get from this info page, is that RAvity S is the "Synth", R is the "beats rompler" and 16 was a multi-channel version of S?

Somebody out there that can fill me in please?
Oh I'm going to add this features on Ravity's web site. Thanks.
Maybe bundle package will be created.
Yes, S is meant Synth, R is meant Rhythm. You can load up to 16 modules of RavityS/R within Ravity16. :)

Compyfox wrote:I have the XG-50 (my first synth), I have the MU-15 (same board as the XG-50), I do have some DLLs from the once free downloadable MIDI player by Yamaha (which was never an official release, especially outside Japan), and I'm sure I have a software XG-20 or so lying around with a videogame.
The MU10XG must have been a great bargain back in the day, costing just £200 and then Cubasis was included :o
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1996_ar ... amu10.html

But googling, it looks like Yamaha made an XG editor for Cubase 5?

skycha wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I'm a little bit confused right now...
You can download Ravity S, R and 16. Was Ravity sold as "bundle" back in the day? I don't think so.

So what I get from this info page, is that RAvity S is the "Synth", R is the "beats rompler" and 16 was a multi-channel version of S?

Somebody out there that can fill me in please?
Oh I'm going to add this features on Ravity's web site. Thanks.
Maybe bundle package will be created.
Yes, S is meant Synth, R is meant Rhythm. You can load up to 16 modules of RavityS/R within Ravity16. :)
So by that understanding, each product has to be bought separately. Hm...

And Ravity16 is basically a rack/routing matrix which can be created with modern day modular environments.

A regular 40USD sale price for Ravity S sounds like an interesting deal. Bit I kind of hoped that the complete bundle costs only 40-50USD.

Numanoid wrote:The MU10XG must have been a great bargain back in the day, costing just £200 and then Cubasis was included :o
I don't remember that Cubasis was included with my version of the MU-15. Then again, I couldn't care less as I already had Cubase. I needed an outboard solution since I switched from one ISA audio card to a Creative AWE - but I couldn't use both my old synth/audiocard combo and the AWE at the same time. So I got the MU-15 as outboard device:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul99/a ... hamu15.htm

Numanoid wrote:But googling, it looks like Yamaha made an XG editor for Cubase 5?
I never saw an editor for that in Cubase to be honest. And again, I could care less. This synth was a b*tch to control with the stand alone editor. Even worse in Cubase if you didn't know what SYSEX was all about (still don't to be honest, MIDI CC# can you only get so far). Unless you created your own mixer map. I basically used it as GM machine most of the time. ANd for this, it's absolutely outstanding if you need some bread and butter stuff to your overprocessed synths and samples.

But this is not about Yamaha - this is about a company that stabs at that "oldschool" direction. I never got either Purity or Ravity, then it was somewhat discontinued, so I had an eye on the "Sonic Cat" samples (the Kontakt versions).

If there are plans for an official x64 release for all their former tools... I'm definitely all ears for that.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Numanoid wrote:
With lifetime upgrades it's non-transferable. Sorry guys. :D

I'm just trying to figure out how to safely send my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. It's really not worth it just for a Rompler, though it must sound amazing at the cost of a DAW and an OS.

Compyfox wrote:I never saw an editor for that in Cubase to be honest.
There is some info here, and a screenshot: http://en.audiofanzine.com/midi-plugin/ ... 19626.html

Numanoid wrote:
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

Numanoid wrote:
:hihi: Edited my text. 8) I want your version informations. :wink: :roll:

skycha wrote: We have not decided price. I expected under $40.
Try demo version. And send us your OS & DAW version infomations 8) . Then you will be received 50% coupon. :)
How can I send to you? what e-mail? I'm testing the demos right now

alvfaria wrote:
skycha wrote: We have not decided price. I expected under $40.
How can I send to you? what e-mail? I'm testing the demos right now
Thanks, I have just received your mail. :)

skycha wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
:hihi: Edited my text. 8) I want your version informations. :wink: :roll:
I make little joke :D :oops:

For some reason or other when I have tried to get into the Luxonix website over the past year I have got a 404 error page not found. I was thinking my internet provider had blocked the site for some reason or other.

But today I in fact got into the site :o :) So something or other has happened, could it be that I have upgraded from Win XP to Win 7 since last time?

Anyway, I have downloaded the demos, and will install them later, and shall send you my info so that I get the rebate :wink:

Return to “Instruments”