What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3830 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

golemus wrote:One of the most annoying features in Ableton Live is that VST plugin automation is not delay compensated.

Is it so also in Bitwig or have they managed to implement it?

What I mean that lets say that I draw an automation curve of channel level so that it is first -inf dB and in the beginning of next measure it changes to -6dB. It is very common situation for me that it will change -6dB a bit in advance (before the measure begins), so the automation is not delay compensated.

Yes Bitwig has this working properly. As well as rhythmic effects timing after plug-ins that cause latency.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
TheoM
KVRAF

19204 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:36 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

BMoore wrote:I called the performance issues a long time ago, but got brushed off. Oh well.

by bitwig? Seems I got brushed off too when i mentioned the flawed way latency compensation is implemented. With lack of rewire it also seems to me they want their daw to be isolated hehe.

Found a new problem, and this one is serious.

I imported a long clip, and DISABLED stretch as i didn't want nor need it. When i changed the tempo of the project, the end of the clip got cut off and there was no way to get it back. The info was just gone. (disabling looping and extending it only showed blank ness)

The work around is to disable looping and stretch it out so there is plenty of blank space before you change the tempo.

However, and this is a big one, 20 minutes later of it's own accord, the end of the file was gone and basically content was half missing. I didn't do anything, it just disappeared. So clips with stretch disabled are getting truncated randomly. Major bug.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
hibidy
KVRAF

41020 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:14 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Did someone say brushed off?

glokraw
KVRAF

5116 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:49 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Quite a set of hooters on that one!
TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:04 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

hibidy wrote:Did someone say brushed off?

gonna get my kitties shaved as well as they live only indoors in a climate controlled environment but leave so much hair everywhere the dyson is getting emptied 5 times a day. Can't breathe it anymore, now have an idea what they will look like lol! awwwww
Suloo
KVRian

1248 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:36 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Looks like I let the cat out of bag! Hurry, back to bitwig before we have to take another bullet!
pdxindy
KVRAF

8718 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:43 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Suloo
KVRian

1248 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:50 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
fedexnman
KVRian

1331 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:13 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Suloo wrote:think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?

Carry on carry on .... meow ... summary , moaning and groaning , fanboi and new adopter praises ... ok . Bitwig has been released it does things that Live doesn't do , it does things Live can do , and is also Missing some things that Live has ... hhhmmm. imagine that .... :hihi:
TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:42 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Suloo wrote:think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?

basically, bitwig sucks. :hihi:
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:44 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM wrote:

basically, bitwig sucks. :hihi:
. :hihi: hahaha Its good your back ...
TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:46 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Thanks.. but i will never go like a nutter like I have before.. those days are over.. now just calm and honest opinions (was always honest, just too heated).

Even if someone attacks i no longer respond...but i will certainly not hold back on product opinion.

I must admit on the abes forum i have had some fun and renamed bitwig, but i wouldn't dare do that here :hihi:
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

I hope the Abe's bring more to " Live " now that BWS is out . I'd love to have Live Suite on Linux ... Having that great Glue compressor , eq , and ir reverb and all those great AAS instruments would be awesome for a Linux user, i felt underwhelmed with BWS , Ive been quiet about it , I know BWS has some fans , maybe version 2 will have more stuff .
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Yeah, Theo......of course I'd NEVER do anything like that :ud: (extreme sarcasm)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)