What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

1920 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Postby AstralExistence; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:27 am affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

what are some good alternatives in the more affordable 100 usd range?
KVRist

385 posts since 1 Jul, 2011

Postby Lode_Runner; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:57 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

I'd recommend waiting until Native Instruments do another 50% off sale. I think they usually do a sale around the middle of the year. Then Damage will be around $150 USD.
KVRAF

Postby AstralExistence; Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

i could just wait till i get paid next month. that's what ill do. no sense buying a 'alternative' of something when its not what i really want.
KVRist

385 posts since 1 Jul, 2011

Postby Lode_Runner; Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Next month is May, I think they often have a 50 percent off Summer Sale in around June - July, so it might pay to wait that little bit longer.

No guarantees though - last year the sale only applied to their cinematic libraries (which would've of course included Damage, but it indicates that they mightn't apply the sale to everything).
KVRAF

Postby AstralExistence; Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:27 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

ill just buy it used next month. in the meantime, i have my bitword samples oxide128, and vol 1 and 2 oxide kits. which actually, if anybody's also looking for a more affordable damage, are fantastic non kontakt based drum libraries that sound/tone wise are, are pretty much indistinguishable from damage.
KVRist

131 posts since 3 Apr, 2012, from Melbourne

Postby c_bomb; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 pm Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Someone is selling Damage in the marketplace for 150euros.

Haggle!
KVRAF

7529 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

New one from NI could fit the bill:
Turn up the tension. RISE & HIT fuses a wealth of unique sounds into a swelling peak, adding spine-chilling cinematic suspense to your soundtracks. Set the ambience with over 8 GB of exclusive ready-to-go samples. Then easily alter, layer, edit, and add effects to fit any atmosphere – and deliver maximum impact. Seize your audience. And hit with edge-of-your-seat intensity.

RISE & HIT runs in KONTAKT 5 and the free KONTAKT PLAYER, and is available at the NI Online Shop for 149,00 €.

Ready to pounce
KVRAF

5275 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Have you checked out the Heavyocity/NI Evolve: Mutations sets? These are similar in kind and quality to Damage IMHO. IIRC, vol. 1 is heavier on percussion, which would get you closer to the Damage sound.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KVRist

178 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby rustman; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

BERFAB wrote:Have you checked out the Heavyocity/NI Evolve: Mutations sets? These are similar in kind and quality to Damage IMHO. IIRC, vol. 1 is heavier on percussion, which would get you closer to the Damage sound.

Cheers
-B

Agreed. I find myself going to the Evolve collection more than Damage. That's just personal preference and my mood of the day talking though. But they are similar, although probably priced in the same neighborhood as Damage.
It's all been done before. Don't let that stop you.
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:34 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Stormdrum by EastWest.

It's on special now at JRR, costing less than 200 dollars:
http://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest-quantum ... drum-2-box
Ready to pounce
Beware the Quoth

21171 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 am Re: affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

Upps, missed that.

Damage is kind of expensive costing 300 euro, so I was thinking compared to that, but still far above 100 bucks

For less than 100 bucks Steinberg's Dark Planet is an OK alternative
Ready to pounce

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments