What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Naenyn
KVRist

88 posts since 26 Sep, 2013, from Arizona, USA

Postby Naenyn; Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:56 am Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

I've been eyeing Sample Logic's Cyclone for quite a while .. love the demos especially .. but I just can't seem to pull the trigger (mostly due to the price). What do you guys think of it? Anyone here use it or any of their other products? Worth waiting for a sale?

Lemme know what you guys think!

-n :phones:
Naenyn
KVRist

Postby Naenyn; Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:08 am Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

No Sample Logic fans here? :cry:
Timman
KVRist

43 posts since 6 Mar, 2014, from Moon

Postby Timman; Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:31 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Naenyn wrote:No Sample Logic fans here? :cry:

I don't have it but have quite a few of other libs of theirs. Two words: too expensive.
Ok quality is nice and instruments are good but I'll never buy again. Simply too expensive for what they give.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3045 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:14 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Waiting to see how this last deal from MF turns out first...
Naenyn
KVRist

Postby Naenyn; Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Timman wrote:I don't have it but have quite a few of other libs of theirs. Two words: too expensive.
Ok quality is nice and instruments are good but I'll never buy again. Simply too expensive for what they give.

Thanks for the feedback. What do you feel is lacking?

BBFG# wrote:Waiting to see how this last deal from MF turns out first...

Which deal would that be..?

-n
tq
KVRist

460 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Postby tq; Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.
Timman
KVRist

43 posts since 6 Mar, 2014, from Moon

Postby Timman; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:51 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Naenyn wrote:Thanks for the feedback. What do you feel is lacking?

I prefer 8dio stuff more, GUI, prices and quality are better in my opinion. SL stuff is nice indeed, but really overpriced for what they offer. At least that's what I think.
Naenyn
KVRist

Postby Naenyn; Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 pm Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

8Dio definitely has a better website! ;)

Thanks for the comments. I will check out their stuff. Wonder if they have anything that compares to Cyclone...
Numanoid
KVRAF

7790 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:38 am Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

tq wrote:Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.

Pretty good deal if you live in the US, but as it has to be shipped by surface mail it is not such a cool deal here in Europe.

Cyclone looks like a very nice lib but at $300 it's for the pro users, not hobbyists like me unfortunately.
ChasingAndromeda
KVRist

99 posts since 6 Apr, 2007

Postby ChasingAndromeda; Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:57 am Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

tq wrote:Musicians Friend has Sample Logic's Fanfare and Rumble at the ridiculous price of 29 dollars each... Absolute no-brainer, really.

Can't thank you enough for this post. I had been eyeing these libraries for a while but had held off because I couldn't justify the cost for the number of times I thought they would get used. At this price, you are correct, it is a no-brainer.

Both are on their way and I am looking forward to writing some fun marching percussion tracks.

Thanks again!
bharris22
KVRian

627 posts since 2 Mar, 2010

Postby bharris22; Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 am Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

Yes - thank you from here, too! $29 is certainly doable for another hobbyist such as me - $399 is not :).
tq
KVRist

460 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Postby tq; Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 am Re: Sample Logic's Cyclone; Opinions?

You're welcome. I ordered these as well - for 90 % off, it's a pretty good deal, isn't it? :-)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries