What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

wondering what vst could make these sounds

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

shadowhill
KVRer

4 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby shadowhill; Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm wondering what vst could make these sounds

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Hi there. Long time reader of KVR, but just joined and this is my first post.

I want to produce hard trance, hard dance, and maybe some uk hardcore and electro.

Out of all the tracks I own, there's one that I've always wondered about the VST's employed. I'd love to hear your take on it.

At around 3:03 - the dirty, evil sounding staccato synth in the break:
https://www.trackitdown.net/track/crios ... 76146.html (https://www.trackitdown.net/track/criostasis-meets-costa-pantazis/nightbane-dub-mix/hard_dance/2976146.html)

Any idea what VST can do such things? I'm still just floored by it.
Mutant
KVRAF

2123 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

IDK if you K but without paying for it we can only play a short sample of that song on that page you linked...
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
shadowhill
KVRer

Postby shadowhill; Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

thanks for your reply. I scoured the net trying to find the track but there's nothing on youtube, etc. So I linked to trackitdown where i bought it. Actually you can listen to the whole track on there without paying for it (at least for me, not being logged in or anything), it just defaults to selecting a section. I'm really just asking about the synth at 3:03 that sounds super evil and crazy. It's been driving me bonkers wondering what would produce this lol
Phase47
KVRian

889 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:50 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Spire or Razor should be able to do that.
shadowhill
KVRer

Postby shadowhill; Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Thanks Phase!!! Been looking at Spire and Razor! Thanks again!
Examigan
KVRAF

2741 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:28 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Synthmaster or Sylenth1, and maybe ANA too
Uncle E
KVRAF

6575 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:48 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Examigan wrote:Synthmaster or Sylenth1, and maybe ANA too

Yes. It sounds like a lot of Virus to me so Sylenth1, ANA, or Nexus fit the bill.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Monib
KVRist

410 posts since 25 Sep, 2004

Postby Monib; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:15 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Sound like a Virus with FM synthesis. Velocity sensitivity controllering the FM amount. The Midi notes are sustained, so no attack and no release. Full of harmonics, so high filter cutoff (maybe even high pass, in this case low cutoff).
shadowhill
KVRer

Postby shadowhill; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:22 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

thank you so much guys. this is really awesome
Timman
KVRist

69 posts since 6 Mar, 2014, from Moon

Postby Timman; Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:54 pm Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

I also think you can use Massive to do it if you play with the modulation section.
mewthree
KVRist

32 posts since 16 Nov, 2013, from Turkey

Postby mewthree; Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:26 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Can someone inform me about "What VST sounds like this"?

I don't have the knowledge and time to try all the synths out there but shouldn't all the advanced synths shouldn't be able to apply those same techniques and have the same result?

Are there noticable differences in sounds of different synths and... Why?

Since there are Oscillators, Waveforms, Envelopes, Filters and other modulation sources in practically every one of the VSTs why does one wonder what VST it is rather than the technique behind it?
tehlord
KVRAF

6745 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:30 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

Any VA synth can do that sound. It's a combo of square, saw and noise oscillators run through some sort of distortion.
murnau
KVRAF

2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:52 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

the problem for somebody without experience is even if you have the 100% orginal sound what about effects, automation, compression, side-chaining, mixing and arrangement of the sounds?
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Suloo
KVRian

1321 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:00 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

tehlord wrote:Any VA synth can do that sound. It's a combo of square, saw and noise oscillators run through some sort of distortion.

plus a trancegate or arp setting..
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
tehlord
KVRAF

6745 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:06 am Re: wondering what vst could make these sounds

murnau wrote:the problem for somebody without experience is even if you have the 100% orginal sound what about effects, automation, compression, side-chaining, mixing and arrangement of the sounds?

Buy Nexus then.

Seriously, learning was half the fun for me :?
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments