hg fortune synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I never liked HGF synths, mostly because of the user interfaces, the sound, the factory patches. But I suppose that means they are great for others :D

Got your point and good suggestions.

I've bought and used a few of his things, and got some mileage out of freebies too.

I tended to switch effect off and use my own on a lot of them to get my sound without swamping everything in multiple layers of reverb and delay though.

They are great for soundscape/ambient/dark stuff, but that's what I do so that suits me fine.

A lot of them do have a digital kinda sound, but what I do with effects tends to undigify things (or superdigify, which can also be nice!).

Some of those words might be made up.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

HGF does a soundbank for WusikStation (And may play in Wusik 4000?) Couple of things that remind me HGF in sound and function though are the EverythingTurns ensembles for Reaktor (ArcWave & WaveChaser) and Synthmagic's Phobos for Kontakt. GUI/skin is rather Neon in the ET sets though.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I bought The Tiger and Serenity and have all his NFG synths...

It depends on which sound you need. They're pretty good for creating SFX, soundscapes, atmospheres, textures and pads. If you need super-fat leads or splendid house piano keys or growling dubstep basses, they're surely not the right syths... :wink:
Pretty sure his Alphatron was made for rough-edge sounds.
It's quite a raging beast. I think 'Berlin Thunder' was a great preset.

I think many of the Pro versions import soundfonts, which may help
supply orchestral, or specialty sounds.
Cheers.

Drumburst anyone? Been using this for most my drum needs - have not tried anything else by the man - although I have been considering the Percumat Drum machine,for a changeup to DrumBurst. Like the presets in DrumBurst - not many "Free" Drum synths have such a variety of presets.

Return to “Instruments”