What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

hg fortune synths

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

3583 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:36 am Re: hg fortune synths

I never liked HGF synths, mostly because of the user interfaces, the sound, the factory patches. But I suppose that means they are great for others :D
zag4139@comcast.net
KVRist

41 posts since 22 Jul, 2011

Postby zag4139@comcast.net; Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 am Re: hg fortune synths

Got your point and good suggestions.
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

775 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58 am Re: hg fortune synths

I've bought and used a few of his things, and got some mileage out of freebies too.

I tended to switch effect off and use my own on a lot of them to get my sound without swamping everything in multiple layers of reverb and delay though.

They are great for soundscape/ambient/dark stuff, but that's what I do so that suits me fine.

A lot of them do have a digital kinda sound, but what I do with effects tends to undigify things (or superdigify, which can also be nice!).

Some of those words might be made up.
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3549 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm Re: hg fortune synths

HGF does a soundbank for WusikStation (And may play in Wusik 4000?) Couple of things that remind me HGF in sound and function though are the EverythingTurns ensembles for Reaktor (ArcWave & WaveChaser) and Synthmagic's Phobos for Kontakt. GUI/skin is rather Neon in the ET sets though.
glokraw
KVRAF

5120 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 pm Re: hg fortune synths

Tricky-Loops wrote:I bought The Tiger and Serenity and have all his NFG synths...

It depends on which sound you need. They're pretty good for creating SFX, soundscapes, atmospheres, textures and pads. If you need super-fat leads or splendid house piano keys or growling dubstep basses, they're surely not the right syths... :wink:

Pretty sure his Alphatron was made for rough-edge sounds.
It's quite a raging beast. I think 'Berlin Thunder' was a great preset.

I think many of the Pro versions import soundfonts, which may help
supply orchestral, or specialty sounds.
Cheers.
abovethoughts
KVRist

146 posts since 26 May, 2013

Postby abovethoughts; Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:19 pm Re: hg fortune synths

Drumburst anyone? Been using this for most my drum needs - have not tried anything else by the man - although I have been considering the Percumat Drum machine,for a changeup to DrumBurst. Like the presets in DrumBurst - not many "Free" Drum synths have such a variety of presets.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments