The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

You may get more helpful feedback in the BWS forum here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=259
This thread is now reserved for grumpy remarks, naked cats and Theo's new self... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

TheoM wrote:Thanks.. but i will never go like a nutter like I have before.. those days are over.. :hihi:
Probably a good thing. :tu: If you always get that excited or worked up over a random software product that subjectively sucks for you, you'll probably end up stroking out and dying too young.

I do get the issues and complaints, so... I'm not dense. What I usually don't get is why it matters so much. :hihi:

I think we all maybe too often go into Ralph Nader mode when reasonable adults don't need protecting and kids can't afford most of this stuff anyway. :lol:

LawrenceF wrote:
TheoM wrote:Thanks.. but i will never go like a nutter like I have before.. those days are over.. :hihi:
Probably a good thing. :tu: If you always get that excited or worked up over a random software product that subjectively sucks for you, you'll probably end up stroking out and dying too young.

I do get the issues and complaints, so... I'm not dense. What I usually don't get is why it matters so much. :hihi:

I think we all maybe too often go into Ralph Nader mode when reasonable adults don't need protecting and kids can't afford most of this stuff anyway. :lol:

I just find this one in particular interesting as I expected (perhaps wrongly) so much. And every time I try give it a chance it never ceases to amaze me. I must admit I am fascinated by the whole thing. I can't lie, it's around the easiest software to use, so for those not worried by shortcomings or sticker shock, and just want the basics with a minimum of fuss, it delivers. (but you need a very powerful machine if you intend to use it totally itb with virtual instruments).

TheoM wrote:I just find this one in particular interesting as I expected (perhaps wrongly) so much.
Yeah. We all get that disappointed feeling when we take out a "looks sexy in the dark while I'm buzzing from drinks and just horny" babe from the bar, and she starts taking off hair extensions, fake nails, eyelashes, contacts, girdle, padded bra, and her peg leg when you get her to the motel. :hihi:

But having a good one at home waiting for you makes it not all that big of a deal... unless she's a hooker and you already paid her. :lol:

Yes, people do deal with personal disappointment in very, very different ways,

I think I may need a few cat pics to get those images out of my head again. :o

:hihi: Yeah, my analogy there was rather graphic indeed. :lol:

wasi wrote:I think I may need a few cat pics to get those images out of my head again. :o
I'm thinkin' the same :lol:

Let's see....who posts the best cat pics?....Hmmmmm......

Hibidy?

pdxindy?

suloo?

Hmmmmm...... :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

LawrenceF wrote::hihi: Yeah, my analogy there was rather graphic indeed. :lol:
Especially for those of us who bat for the other side! :hihi:

dsan@mail.com wrote:
wasi wrote:I think I may need a few cat pics to get those images out of my head again. :o
I'm thinkin' the same :lol:

Let's see....who posts the best cat pics?....Hmmmmm......

Hibidy?

pdxindy?

suloo?

Hmmmmm...... :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I will take some pics of my pussy and post them asap :hihi:

:lol:

At least this thread is a fun one :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote::lol:

At least this thread is a fun one :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Ah, but then there is this:
This thread is now reserved for grumpy remarks, naked cats and Theo's new self...
:hihi:

LawrenceF wrote::hihi: Yeah, my analogy there was rather graphic indeed. :lol:
:lol: Feeling a bit of sympathy for the good one, while her worse half goes for fake babes and hookers :o

Hmm, interestingly (to me at least), after raving and waxing lyrical about bitwig's time stretch (I had tried it on a complete dance mix from 140 bpm to 110 and was why i was so impressed), it's not as good as ableton complex mode on vocals, but furthermore, the pitch shift is really quite bad. And you don't have any other choices because it's such a closed system. Oh well.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”