Polyslax - Drag and Drug

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Getting my dirge on, guitar style.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/drag

Something I love to do is destroy a track I've made. I give you Drag's evil twin, Drug. Note, resonant distortion is slathered on in audience-limiting quantities. If that's not your thing you may want to skip this.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/drug
Image Image

nice and depressing :)

strange in the dirty one how the drums are still clean

almost every time that i think, that a new song of yours might be one of the few that i don't like that much, the song transforms and i'm loving it. :lol:
you really have a talent to making sounds that seem a little irritating at first work. :love:

woggle wrote:nice and depressing :)

strange in the dirty one how the drums are still clean
Thanks Greg… yup, brings a whole new meaning to get down. :)
Image Image

astrochimp wrote:almost every time that i think, that a new song of yours might be one of the few that i don't like that much, the song transforms and i'm loving it. :lol:
you really have a talent to making sounds that seem a little irritating at first work. :love:

:hihi: Thanks Clemens. Give me time… I'll find your tolerance level. :)
Image Image

Love the tone of that guitar in Drag, a bit like Mark Knopfler doing a Twin Peaks gig :hihi:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Drug comes right up to the edge of too much for me (would probably be over the edge on headphones), but is still enjoyable. No misgivings about Drag, though. Good stuff, there. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Drag - Nice recording. Had I made this I wouldn`t have been able to hold myself back from going off on a Terje Rypdal trip. You either had a lot of restraint or aren`t familiar with his playing style. I would have preferred the Rypdal tripping. :)

Drug - Didn`t improve on it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Drag - Excellent after a slightly hectic beginning. Wonderful guitarification.

Drug - is a drag. :shrug:

polyslax wrote:hihi: Thanks Clemens. Give me time… I'll find your tolerance level. :)
challenge accepted! :D

you gotta love polyslax!

awesome work

It's been a while since I heard that Krautster. I assume that the delay FX is courtesy of Mobius/Timeline. A little reminiscent of Mr. Rypdal, but I thought the track really had a strong Pink Floyd/Breathe atmosphere soaking right through it, especially with that sparse drum sound and the ride cymbal.

Great track :D

Hey Matt.....haven't been around KVR lately ----glad to hear you're still pumping out great music....I so appreciate how free and creative you are with your music....MODern...I'm not sure if I had said this on another post but...soundcloud was playing one day while I was cleaning my house and I was all like-'wow....this is interesting let me see who it is' and who was it you may ask? Well.....it was you dude!!!! ////there's a movie producer out there that needs you dude....thanks for sharing! :) (oh and nice guitar work :)0

core wrote:Love the tone of that guitar in Drag, a bit like Mark Knopfler doing a Twin Peaks gig :hihi:
Thanks Ronnie! :)
D.H. Miltz wrote:Drug comes right up to the edge of too much for me (would probably be over the edge on headphones), but is still enjoyable. No misgivings about Drag, though. Good stuff, there. Thanks, polyslax.
Thanks DHM! I'm sure age plays a part in this… blissfully unaware of the pain I'm inflicting on others. :oops:
annode wrote:Drag - Nice recording. Had I made this I wouldn`t have been able to hold myself back from going off on a Terje Rypdal trip. You either had a lot of restraint or aren`t familiar with his playing style. I would have preferred the Rypdal tripping. :)

Drug - Didn`t improve on it.
Thanks for checking it out Barry!

Would that I could rip like Rypdal. Alas, I see problems:
1. I'm a bit of a hack these days on guitar. Just haven't played nearly enough over the last 10 years to stay on top of it.
2. No amp! Yup, I DI into my desk. Hard to get a vibey sound like that, and it changes the way you play. Been eyeing the Boogie TA-15…
3. No band! Laying down one track at a time vs jamming off other players.
Frantz wrote:Drag - Excellent after a slightly hectic beginning. Wonderful guitarification.

Drug - is a drag. :shrug:
Cheers Frantz! Yeah, I guess Drug should have stayed under wraps… :)
astrochimp wrote:
polyslax wrote:hihi: Thanks Clemens. Give me time… I'll find your tolerance level. :)
challenge accepted! :D
It's ONNNN! :)
Emerald Tablet wrote:you gotta love polyslax!

awesome work
:hug: Cheers Remmie!
seismic1 wrote:It's been a while since I heard that Krautster. I assume that the delay FX is courtesy of Mobius/Timeline. A little reminiscent of Mr. Rypdal, but I thought the track really had a strong Pink Floyd/Breathe atmosphere soaking right through it, especially with that sparse drum sound and the ride cymbal.

Great track :D
Many thanks Tim! Quite right on the chain… Mobius into Timeline. Yes, I definitely sensed the Floyd on playback.
any1particular wrote:Hey Matt.....haven't been around KVR lately ----glad to hear you're still pumping out great music....I so appreciate how free and creative you are with your music....MODern...I'm not sure if I had said this on another post but...soundcloud was playing one day while I was cleaning my house and I was all like-'wow....this is interesting let me see who it is' and who was it you may ask? Well.....it was you dude!!!! ////there's a movie producer out there that needs you dude....thanks for sharing! :) (oh and nice guitar work :)0
Ola Chuck! Yeah, my attendance has been less than stellar too. Thanks a lot for your kind words, much appreciated! :)
Image Image

I've played Drug quite a few times now. I really like it. I like the emergence of relative order from the near-chaos at the beginning, and the glitchy guitar is great. It's like somebody spilt vodka on my DSotM CD, let it dry, and quietly put it back in the case. 6 months later......... :eek:

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”