Play That FUNky Music White Boy! (Live Funk Guitar Video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In case anyone's interested out there on planet Earth, this track is all original, inspired by the totally amazing Strymon BigSky reverb pedal (http://www.strymon.net/bigsky/). This thing ain't just any 'ol reverb pedal. It is absolutely AMAZING! And it has a switch on the back for direct recording-it's magical-really. I'm just knocked out by it! (Can you tell?)

OK. I fell in love with The Average White Band way back in the day? I just love those funky rhythms. You know what I mean? :) Tasty, understated and elegant. In the pocket! What the FUNK!!!! The track consists of just 2 tracks of guitar-both Fender Stratocasters-& a Fender Jazz bass. Plus a couple of drum loops I cut up to make my own-sort off? Thanks for listening dudes! Oh! And please click LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!!! :) Thanks again!

https://soundcloud.com/chucksilva/what-the-funk-chuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683wzRRkt28

"Lay down and boogie and play that funky music till you die..." :hyper: :wheee:

- Now I thought of Wild Cherry but I was rather a fan of the rap version by Vanilla Ice back in da funky oldskool days... :party:

Liked and subscribed. Great to see that there are still people who like this sort of thing!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Vanilla Ice is waay too modern and new to be oldskool... but hey, anything after about 1983 still kinda sounds futuristic to me. :hihi:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

:clap: :tu:

Thanks for listening dudes-much appreciated!

really coo man!

Fun! One tasty, funky lick after another. Great. :tu:

Thanks so much Frantz & MrBlitz for your support....when I get time I'll look for your guys music and return the favor...:)

I find that I lose focus wearing my glasses upside down but it didn't seem to affect you :)

That reverb certainly has a very appealing sound. Nice stereo mixing here too. Some great licks and the piece certainly has that AWB type groove. I really liked the bass line during the second part of the track. It really clicked with the drums in a funktacular way.

I noticed that it was getting dark towards the end of the video. What is the power consumption of all that kit you're using :wink:

Great track and video 8)

:)

seismic1 wrote:I find that I lose focus wearing my glasses upside down but it didn't seem to affect you :)

That reverb certainly has a very appealing sound. Nice stereo mixing here too. Some great licks and the piece certainly has that AWB type groove. I really liked the bass line during the second part of the track. It really clicked with the drums in a funktacular way.

I noticed that it was getting dark towards the end of the video. What is the power consumption of all that kit you're using :wink:

Great track and video 8)
Tim. I so wish we could meet up for a couple of brewskis at the local pub-DANG! Where are those flying cars??????

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply-I'm moved by it! (no! not bowl movement). :) ...the video is funny isn't it?...it's dark toward the end because I worked on it all day and into the night-obsessed.....doesn't get much more amature than this.....so fun though....thanks again dude for being sooooooooo friggin c0oL!

Oh and I REALLY got a kick out of ⅄ʞN∩Ⅎ :)

:lol:

I've been eyeing that Strymon Blue Sky pedal for the last few years. The GAS for it kind of went down since I got the Valhalla Shimmer plugin, but if I was to drop $300-400 for a reverb pedal, that would be it.

Awesome tasty guitar licks. The bass playing was even better.

holy shit, this is really super cool dude :) the hole thing gave me a real big smile on my face :D ! really funky stuff !
cant say anything constructive, keep on da funk !
cheers man

Return to “Music Cafe”