What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

TheoM
KVRAF

19214 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:43 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Hmm, interestingly (to me at least), after raving and waxing lyrical about bitwig's time stretch (I had tried it on a complete dance mix from 140 bpm to 110 and was why i was so impressed), it's not as good as ableton complex mode on vocals, but furthermore, the pitch shift is really quite bad. And you don't have any other choices because it's such a closed system. Oh well.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
hibidy
KVRAF

41443 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

It's easy to get excited about stuff for one reason or another and then realize later it wasn't "that" good. Happens.
LawrenceF
KVRAF

4556 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:41 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Well, at least they figured some stuff out. :shrug:

Look at Bitwig's "Solo As Cue" function and try to find something like that in S1 or Reaper. Bizarro world.
pdxindy
KVRAF

8869 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:52 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

The modulation system in Bitwig is outstanding... I want it! :hihi:
LawrenceF
KVRAF

Postby LawrenceF; Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:41 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Well, I've been asking for this in S1 below ever since I left Cubase and the CR mixer .. and it looks like Bitwig kinda nailed it with the Studio I/O section. It does a very basic and very necessary thing (it appears to me anyway), allows you to actually monitor any hardware output or pair in the main speakers when building cue mixes. And easily switch speakers.

So... you're building cue mixes for musicians and you need to hear the drummers cue mix or whatever. How can you easily do that if you can't mult that output stream to the speakers which are physically connected to another pair? Here, it appears to do exactly that very easily, like Cubase's control room mixer.

It's really baffling how so many apps that are designed more for the linear studio recording completely missed that... but this little looper app seems to have nailed it in v1. :shrug:

TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:18 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

LawrenceF wrote:Well, at least they figured some stuff out. :shrug:

Look at Bitwig's "Solo As Cue" function and try to find something like that in S1 or Reaper. Bizarro world.

does it have a key command? :hihi:
pdxindy
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:11 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Is that your pussy or a random net one?
pdxindy
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:32 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM wrote:Is that your pussy or a random net one?

random net
Tronam
KVRAF

1538 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Seattle, WA - USA

Postby Tronam; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM wrote:Is that your pussy or a random net one?

I like the idea of that though, only posting our own. Here's my Chong, gazing in amazement at the majestic Bitwig user interface and wondering where the Rewire support is:

TheoM
KVRAF

Postby TheoM; Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:23 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

wow amazing eyes!

Anyway this is a random but i am in love with this kitty and must know the breed, at exactly 15.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7b1aLY3tyI
Suloo
KVRian

1303 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

That's gotta be fake!!!!!!!!!!
LawrenceF
KVRAF

Postby LawrenceF; Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

hibidy wrote:That's gotta be fake!!!!!!!!!!

The left boob or the cat? :hihi:
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:39 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

haha! That cat is freaking HUGE!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)