Roland D50 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote:Im bidding on 2 at the moment....
I hope you win...one! Let us know if congratulations are in order.

:)
바보

this thread makes me want to hook up my D550

bluedad wrote:this thread makes me want to hook up my D550
And then give it to me ? :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
And then give it to me ? :D
not hardly :lol:
nice try, though

Ingonator wrote:Binary Music just released a new D-50 Kontakt library:
http://www.binarymusic.co.uk/la-50.html

This also seems to include the famous patches like "Staccato Heaven" which were missing in the "Deepflight" Kontakt library i already got.

Ingo
Does anyone know how the samples sound or which presets were sampled?

The price is good, and I appreciate that it's available for Kontakt 4 (as well as K5), but there's no information on the site as to which sounds Binary Music is offering. They say the library comes with "100 instruments", but since Vintage Synth Explorer claims the D-50 only had 64 original patches, I don't know what's going on here.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

List of LA-50 Instruments:

5th Lead.nki
Abstract Perc.nki
Afterthought.nki
Alien Birds.nki
Amazonia.nki
Arco Strings.nki
Bass Marimba.nki
Bell Strings.nki
Bell Tree.nki
Beneath The Streets.nki
Bones.nki
Bottle Blower.nki
Brassy Lead.nki
Breathy Chiffer.nki
Cathedral Organ.nki
Choir.nki
Clearing.nki
Clocks.nki
Combie Strings.nki
Cross Mod Strings.nki
Dark Orient.nki
Digital Native Dance.nki
Electro Score.nki
Fantasia.nki
Flutish Brass.nki
FM Bells.nki
Future Pad.nki
Gamelan Bell.nki
Ghost Ship FX.nki
Ghosts.nki
Glass Voices.nki
Gravity Bell.nki
Harajuku.nki
Hollowed Harp.nki
Horn Section.nki
Interference.nki
Intruder FX.nki
Jete Strings.nki
Jungle Creatures.nki
Juno Bells.nki
Jupiter Strings.nki
JX Horn Strings.nki
Kalimba.nki
Knock Bass.nki
Koto.nki
Lava Flow.nki
Legato Strings.nki
Living Calliope.nki
Log Perc.nki
Lost In Space.nki
Marimba.nki
Metal Harp.nki
Mini Bass.nki
Mono Lead.nki
Mooger Bass.nki
Night Crawler.nki
Nightmare.nki
Nylon Atmosphere.nki
OK Chorale.nki
Oriental Bells.nki
P Bass.nki
PCM E-Piano.nki
Perc Organ.nki
Phantoms.nki
Pianissimo.nki
Pizzagogo.nki
Plucked Voice.nki
Reactor Core.nki
Rich Brass.nki
Roseate Fifths.nki
Rubber Bass.nki
Rubber Harp.nki
Seq Bass.nki
Shakuhachi.nki
Shamus Theme.nki
Silken Pad.nki
Slow Rotor.nki
Soft Strings.nki
Solar Flare.nki
Solar Strings.nki
Soundtrack.nki
Spacious Sweep.nki
Spectrals.nki
Sputnik Choir.nki
St Elmos Pad.nki
Staccato Heaven.nki
String Ensemble.nki
Super JX.nki
Syn Harmonium.nki
Syn Marimba.nki
Synth Bass.nki
Synthetic Electric.nki
Temple Bells.nki
Tine Wave.nki
Up Down Pad.nki
Vibraphone.nki
Water Organ.nki
Wave Pad.nki
Wavetable Bells.nki
Whistling.nki
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

until roland comes out with a software emulation comparable to that of KORG's legacy synths, i would have that 550 hooked up! :phones:
Last edited by layzer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

If they sourced the raw samples from the D50 itself, then it's highly unlikely to be legal. Synthtopia got an earful from Eric Persing over on Facebook about this instrument and he's none too happy.
Last edited by Tronam on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

copyright is by roland not by persing. didn't thought he's such a pathetic guy.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:copyright is by roland not by persing. didn't thought he's such a pathetic guy.
Well, I can understand his point. Considering he created most of the waveforms and patches he doesn't want other people profiting off of his hard work without permission.

Tronam wrote:
murnau wrote:copyright is by roland not by persing. didn't thought he's such a pathetic guy.
Well, I can understand his point. Considering he created most of the waveforms and patches he doesn't want other people profiting off of his hard work without permission.
i understand what you say but especially for persing not really: he's claiming that it's not legal to sample and redistribute sample-based products while in the same time he offer a product which use heavy samples from other sources as well. do you really think that he cleared up all copyright issues? i not.

it makes sense that roland dont give a s**t about this or other libs.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I don't believe that's true. I'm pretty certain that any sample sources not coming from his own libraries are fully cleared by all of the manufacturers. He's pretty transparent and thorough about that kind of stuff. He also creates only brand new patches with those waveforms.

..yeah, and i don't believe that he cleared all (c) up with the armada of sources he use but i really dont care btw. it's only strange this guy now comes around the corner with any complaints about legacy products.

well, he's free to hire a lawyer then.

more important:i bought this kontakt-lib and it's really, really great to have! thanks! :)

didnt the d50 just have samples for the attack cross faded sine waves for the sustain part

Btw who the hell is gonna go after you from sampling a rompler Synth that came out 27 year ago
i mean really!
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:Btw who the hell is gonna go after you from sampling a rompler Synth that came out 27 year ago
Roland, according to Persing. It's kind of buried in that Facebook thread, but if you can find the part where he answers peoples' questions, there's some pretty interesting stuff there. He says Roland HAS gone after people for doing it, and won.

Return to “Instruments”