Coming soon from Hollow Sun...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We've been busy here at The Towers with our new creation...

It's a recreation of the legendary and fabulous MKS70/JX10p with the PG800 for Kontakt 4 with some interesting additions...

Apart from the multiFX (styled like the old Accessit FX ... if you remember those - of the same era) there's also a sub oscillator and also 'EXTRAS' that include sync sweep, cross modulation and PWM, the latter of which was sorely lacking in the original.

We've also added a mono legato mode with unison and voice detune for thick basses and lead lines as well as glide/portamento and separate pitch bend down and up.

It also has three LFOs (instead of the original's one LFO) - these can be applied independently to the DCOs, filter and output amplifier where we've also added tremolo and auto pan ... plus there's an option to have just the one LFO if you so prefer. DCO2 also features pink noise in addition to the original's white noise which is selectable on DCO1. These take the original to a new level with the same simplicity of the PG800.

The 48k/24-bit samples are all long and sumptuous with many of them up to a minute or more each to let them 'breathe' with long loops as well creating very vibrant samples that capture the idiosyncrasies of the DCOs.

The vKS70 is a week or two away - we are preparing a bunch of presets for it so watch this space!

At around the same time, we'll be releasing an impressive collection of recreations of 80s classics from our far eastern friends...

More details as they come.

Stephen

You guys (and girls, of course!) have no idea how happy I am going to be seeing this bastard out in the wild! I'm currently making some patches for it and it sounds extremely fine, even though I say so myself...

What the vKS70 screenshot doesn't show is that inside edit mode you have a velocity curve editor (preset adjustable curves and one completely user drawable curve) and an arpeggiator. Plenty to play with here!

In fact, here's an preset I did, called Chirpy Arp:

vKS70 ED Chirpy Arp
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I feel a GAS attack!

Sounds groovy, but will it have Key Follow?

And what is the polyphony?

Looking forward to it.

Yes, it does have keytracking for the filter (the Track slider in the FILTER section on the GUI). Polyphony is whatever you make it. By default it's 128 voices, but it works like this: DCO 1 is one voice, DCO 2 is one voice, sub oscillator (governed by DCO 1 pitch) is one voice and Extra waveforms (governed by DCO 2 pitch) are one voice as well. So, if you have all four going on at the same time, that's 4 voices, which means that in the default setup, this would result in 32 notes of polyphony (because the NKI is capped to 128 voices - but you can raise this value if you want!).

Of course, if you use unison, this multiplies everything by the unison voice factor (1-8).

How much do you reckon vks70 will cost? Hope there is an intro offer :)

20 quid intro offer, just like vKS20. 30 quid after introduction, not sure when will that take charge, Steve will know. :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just say "no" to a Starbucks each day and you'll be that much closer to funding it.

I know I am.
:)

--------------
BTW, on those little Soundcloud players is there a volume control somewhere? (playing Hollow Sun's the vKS20 while I type this).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:BTW, on those little Soundcloud players is there a volume control somewhere? (playing Hollow Sun's the vKS20 while I type this).
Not on HS site, open in new tab to listen it from SC.

One more preset from my patch workshop... This one is great for underscore type of things:

ED Randomythmic Glide Fifths
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:20 quid intro offer, just like vKS20.
That's a good offer :tu:

And another one, a bit more peculiar patch this time:

ED Wired Glider

No comments on these, eh? :P

Anybody know a place to sell blood and other, um, bodily fluids for top dollar? If I have 2 weeks, I could probably make up to 3 deposits, which would cut down on street corner standing to support my Hollow Habit...

Got up this morning, had breakfast, and made this patch right afterwards:

ED Good Morning

That one certainly does what is says on the tin (don't you love it when it sounds like the title?)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”