Spektrumsynth for Reaktor.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anybody checked this out?
(Just got the email announcing it).

http://adsrsounds.com/product/presets/s ... h-reaktor/

Looks and sounds kind of cool in the demos.

Some of those presets are :love: Great featureset, not surprised at how good it sounds.

In fact, going back to the soundcloud playback, highlights for me are:

2.34-5.19
5.20-5.41
5.57-9.56
13.20-14.17
15.34-16.19
16.54-17.47
18.23-18.50

Can't believe no one else has posted about this incredible sounding ensemble/instrument. Get it checked!

(is it outside the realms of possibility for this to be built into some sort of Spectralis 2 type of harware unit...?)

markoos wrote:Some of those presets are :love: Great featureset, not surprised at how good it sounds.
I love reaktor but I think that the best ensembles are those that edit the control features down to something usable.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

For me, it has a full sound that doesn't sound as much like a Reaktor synth.

My only real question to something like this is how much of a CPU hit it takes to do it?

Has anyone tried this yet?

i have a really hard time w/the rainbow guis. it's all just really distracting to me.

Was taking another look at this at the developers site.
http://www.dongarbutt.com/spektrumsynth.html
It says "it's hungry" but doesn't give any particulars.
Suggests a 2.6 CPU as minimum though.
It's still interesting in design and sound though.
Worth keep an eye on.

If this had the GUI quality and simplistic editing of Razor and Molekular... I think it'd be much better then. I hate ensembles that take the whole screen or even more than that. Sound-wise it's good, though. But not enough to qualify the GUI estate it takes.

EvilDragon wrote:If this had the GUI quality and simplistic editing of Razor and Molekular... I think it'd be much better then. I hate ensembles that take the whole screen or even more than that. Sound-wise it's good, though. But not enough to qualify the GUI estate it takes.
Yeah, this is too big.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bottom line: Tone, it doesn't have that 'Fran Drescher' quality I hear out of so many Reaktor synths on the first loading.
Second: the application of cross-synthesis appeals to my tech-spec-head side.

CPU hit is the biggest factor for not jumping on them.
And I don't care for the skin, seems a little annoying to my eyes (Which is the same reason I haven't purchased the neon EverythingTurns Wave Synths: ArcWave/WaveChaser).

And with all three of them, I really have to wonder how much and what I would use them for. I really like playing with the metaphysicals too. but I haven't used them in anything serious that I would play for other people.

oops
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Perhaps multi-sysnthesis is a better term?
'Fran Drescher' is more of a personal subjective term. If I posted examples, it would probably derail us into a total nonproductive dialogue. It simply means to me any sound that grates on my nerves after just a few seconds. (Kind of like my ex that is also the mother of my children.) ;)
I like the sounds of the ET ensembles as they remind me somewhat of the M-RGT synths which seem to be lost in 32 bit (as well as their designer's disappearance off the KVR landscape). Wild but interesting things to me. It is the neon skins alone that keep me from venturing any further than the free ArcWave player they offer.
Metaphysicals are something I need an instruction book or tutorial on to get more out of, but I have fun playing with the presets and trying to tweak to get a grasp on them (yet to no avail though).
Perhaps I like certain synths just because they make me think outside of what I know or because they extrapolate what I do know into another plateau.
This synth has a sound body and character I do like, but perhaps isn't worth the 'cost' of system in CPU and as ED pointed out, 'screen estate' and other visual considerations.

BBFG# wrote:Perhaps multi-sysnthesis is a better term?
'Fran Drescher' is more of a personal subjective term. If I posted examples, it would probably derail us into a total nonproductive dialogue. It simply means to me any sound that grates on my nerves after just a few seconds. (Kind of like my ex that is also the mother of my children.) ;)
Yes, well, I certainly understand all of that. If I understand you correctly, you aren't saying that synths like Photone or Carbon2 have this quality, per se, but rather, that so many Reaktor synths seem to be descendants of things like Skrewell and friends. (Full Disclosure: I regularly use Skrewell as well, but I use it BECAUSE it has that Fran Drescher quality.)
Perhaps I like certain synths just because they make me think outside of what I know or because they extrapolate what I do know into another plateau.
Yeah, I get that, I like that too.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Yes, well, I certainly understand all of that. If I understand you correctly, you aren't saying that synths like Photone or Carbon2 have this quality, per se, but rather, that so many Reaktor synths seem to be descendants of things like Skrewell and friends. (Full Disclosure: I regularly use Skrewell as well, but I use it BECAUSE it has that Fran Drescher quality.)
Everything is good as an effect, even 'Fran Drescher'. I just wouldn't pay to see her in a one woman show. :hihi:
ghettosynth wrote: Yeah, I get that, I like that too. I just don't think that this thing does, I think that it's just a messy combination of existing tools fed into a mixer.
It does seem like its flaws outweigh its possibilities at this point.

Still going to keep a little eye on it as it develops though.
Seems like some of the SE developers will be heading over to Reaktor anyway.
And I probably would get the ET synths, if and when they show an 'easier on the eyes' skin

Return to “Modular Synthesis”