Cubase 7.5.20 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I'm sticking with S1 thankee Very much....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

7.5.20 is pretty darned rock solid. I cannot break it with what I do. Good features along with smooth running makes it work and some pretty demanding projects. Running some 10+ VSTi's, another dozen effects, and some master channel effects along with 15 audio tracks and this thing is butter.

Jon

Running sweet as a nut here too :)

Now that the usual seagulls have flown past and crapped in the 7.5.20 announcement thread ... dare we post positive comments?

We do. We dare. :)

7.5.20 has been great so far. Rock solid. The update got rid of a VST audio glitch i was experiencing.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Now that the usual seagulls have flown past and crapped in the 7.5.20 announcement thread ... dare we post positive comments?

We do. We dare. :)

7.5.20 has been great so far. Rock solid. The update got rid of a VST audio glitch i was experiencing.
Won't be long before the seagulls come back, let's enjoy our sea of positivity whilst we can :hihi:

... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
:lol:
:) Glad someone picked up on the humour ;)

Well got an xoxbox yesterday and been messing with Cubase Midi Sync of it along with return midi sync send into cubase on other tracks. Very Tight, just need NI to make Maschine a little sharper and I'll be happy.

Reflected on thoughts and to be honest, there is no perfect daw. Everyone has its perks and pitfalls. Every forum I go on, whatever the daw, there's always someone knocking it.

Personally, I am so comfortable with Cubase, discovering new functions and features I just dont want to waste time in learning anything else. I am sure I'd be just as loyal to another if I'd been using that for the last 10 years plus (please dont check out my soundcloud its very sad for the time I spend).

What has surprised me and I think a lot of people have possibly overlooked them, is the free built in plugins, the channel strip features; eq, dynamics etc. Not absolute, but more than worthy of the money.

Peace to all and kumbaya...feel the love, it's rudimental.

very stable here too. The most positive thing is that the asio handling has improved. I see a lot of reports that the spike issues are in most cases solved. That would be a very good thing.

another thing that i noticed since upgrading to the full steinberg package: cubase + halion 5 + padshop pro and a lot of their vsti-banks... I've bought all kinds of synths and romplers from east west to vienna to spectrasonics to NI, and so on, and from everything i have been using the perfect integration of halion 5 with cubase, combined with the build in functions like the midiplayer and the flexphraser, the effects, the very open tree structure, the wounderfull gui handling of halion 5, the now stable performance of the DAW, the unbeatable pads and padhandling of the padshop pro...

In my opinion Steinberg is not far away from delivering a total (and the best) solution for music creation for around 1000 euro's. (but with the upgrades to their full vsti's)

it seems i have spent way too much in the past two years, :) if i would have sticked to this package alone.
And ok: some samplebanks are still way better then what is delivered in the steinberg package. (f.e. east west guitars are a long way ahead, vienna strings are much much better, some of the nicer heavy drums are not really present...) But for the average synth makers... Steinberg seems to back on the leading path in allmost every aspect. And if they throw themselve on competing with the other big romple makers, that could be very interesting)

kind regards,
R.

For me some important stuff was the ASIO Guard handling. It seems they improved this a lot (no dropouts if Asio-Guard is enabled).
Anyway, it's very, very stable. No crashes, nothing. Excellent working so far.

Now it's time to make some great tunes and waiting for Cubase 8 (and the hopefully overhauled window layout) :P

Frank, can you go a bit more in depth if you saw any drastic improvements in terms of the ASIO engine?

Like, for example, lower ASIO usage on top of less ASIO spikes/dropouts, finally (again) the capability to use lower latency values again, etc.

I still didn't update to .20 over here since I'm in the middle of other projects, and I don't want to run into issues (which could happen). But you're one of the few people that take the ASIO engine just as serious. Hence my Q.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

It's from changelog "When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur".
For me it's working with existing projects but I have not tested it with very low ASIO buffers or with heavy projects yet.

holdebolder wrote:
In my opinion Steinberg is not far away from delivering a total (and the best) solution for music creation for around 1000 euro's. (but with the upgrades to their full vsti's)

it seems i have spent way too much in the past two years, :) if i would have sticked to this package alone.

kind regards,
R.
Agreed. Cubase keeps stuffing more quality stuff in there. It seems like every time I buy a 3rd party specialty plug, Steinberg throws in a better one in the next upgrade cycle.

I haven't had time to install the latest 7.5.2 version yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I just noticed a couple of vsti dropout issues with 7.5.1, so I'm looking forward to resolving that.

Are there any other content cookies thrown in with this latest release?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Super smooth here - ASIO engine doesn't seem to react (at all) to vst's with varying over-sampling rates changing on-the-fly. The mute bugs are gone, and the control room mixer has been tweaked (much better now). No new content - but halion and groove agent are updated too, apparently (not sure what changed). Very nice update.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

As a seagull, I have not been and am still not complaining about C7 performance or feature set. I have been complaining and still am complaining about the horrible mixer clickfest, hidden controls, key command focus issues, configuration recall issues, zoom recall issues and various other stupidities associated with the new mixer. There was zero improvement in the .20 to those problems. So, 7.5.x is still amazingly slower to use than 6.5.x, which I guess I'll continue to use.

End of Squack.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

oops, one more squack ... the readme says they fixed the mute/solo bug ... errr... no they didn't. It still doesn't work. And if I can't even f'n mute/solo from the mixer and trust that its happening in the project and vice versa, how the hell am I supposed to use the mixer?

New improved End of Squack.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”