What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Looking for a list of vocal processors?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Hemmick Reef
KVRian

1043 posts since 10 Jan, 2005, from UK

Postby Hemmick Reef; Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 am Looking for a list of vocal processors?

I need something to mask my not great vocal sound :?

Software (preferably) or hardware...

anything new since I posted in 2012 :wink:

Thanks
do_androids_dream
KVRian

925 posts since 26 Oct, 2007, from UK

Postby do_androids_dream; Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Mute button? :hihi:

Sorry, bad joke... What specifically do you want to do? There are ways to 'bury' vocals in a track. Simple level adjustment is the obvious way but you can also eq a vocal so that it doesn't stick out the mix and shares sonic qualities with other instruments. This way, you can have a vocal not draw attention to itself as much as a vocal normally would. You can use effects like distortion or even a delay to mask things too.
Professional online mixing and mastering at very competitive rates.
Web / Soundcloud
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

Postby Hemmick Reef; Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Vocoder type effects to completely mask my vocals :))

I am impressed with this - triggered by guitar and a guy on youtube using a keyboard:

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicetone-synth/
BBFG#
KVRAF

3207 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Tone 2: FilterBank3 and Warmverb Multi-fx.
Izotope: Nectar Elements/Production Suite (although it's more of an all in one and correction than masker).

But I like the fact they are mostly complete in themselves and have plenty of presets to start with.
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

Postby Hemmick Reef; Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Thanks
Turello
KVRAF

2220 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Homegrown Sounds Soundscaper 2... Effective and FREE! ;-)
do_androids_dream
KVRian

925 posts since 26 Oct, 2007, from UK

Postby do_androids_dream; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:10 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

ah I see what you mean now
Professional online mixing and mastering at very competitive rates.
Web / Soundcloud
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

16395 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Enchoir by Prodyon

:)
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8219 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:25 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

AUTOTUNE! :o :-o :shock: :scared:
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1344 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Sun May 18, 2014 6:17 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Try a La-2A emulation plugin for your vocal
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
metamorphosis
KVRAF

3419 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Hamilton, New Zealand

Postby metamorphosis; Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Hemmick Reef wrote:I need something to mask my not great vocal sound :?

Thanks

It's called vocal lessons, and it's free on the internet.
XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 Optimisation, DAW Tips, AudioXP - XPFree
I made an oddly-acoustic album and an electronica thing and an alt-metal doohicky...
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

Postby Hemmick Reef; Sun May 18, 2014 11:51 pm Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

metamorphosis wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:I need something to mask my not great vocal sound :?

Thanks

It's called vocal lessons, and it's free on the internet.

Probably the best advice :tu:
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1251 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Mon May 19, 2014 12:28 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

If you really can't sing (maybe you're not as bad as you think you are) you could always try just talking, like a beat poet/rap kind of thing, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

But yeah, get lessons, if you can already play an instrument you should pick up singing pretty easy.
There aren't any effects that can fix bad singing, all effects can do is make vocals thicker in one way or another.
deft_bonz
KVRist

170 posts since 12 Dec, 2012, from Switzerland

Postby deft_bonz; Mon May 19, 2014 2:08 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

Software: Logic Vocal Transformer, Prosoniq Orange Vocoder, Loomer Manifold, Little Endian Spectrumworx, NI Guitar Rig

Hardware: Any Eventide Hxxxx series, Ensoniq DP4, DP2 or DPpro, TC Electronics Fireworx
stardustmedia
high end analog music services
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

Postby Hemmick Reef; Mon May 19, 2014 2:17 am Re: Looking for a list of vocal processors?

deft_bonz wrote:Software: Logic Vocal Transformer, Prosoniq Orange Vocoder, Loomer Manifold, Little Endian Spectrumworx, NI Guitar Rig

Hardware: Any Eventide Hxxxx series, Ensoniq DP4, DP2 or DPpro, TC Electronics Fireworx

Thanx
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects