What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

75 posts since 4 Dec, 2012

Postby Atom Hub; Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:16 am Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

Atom Hub "Lost Horizon" for Kontakt 5

Hi there,

inspired by the atmosphere of the novels "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton and "Forest" and "Roadside Picnic" by brothers Strugatsky, I have sampled my trusty old Yamaha RGX 721 DG electric guitar to provide gentle clean samples proper for looping and dreaming. The result is this library suitable for endless minutes of searching for, well, the ideal otherwordly soundscapes and backgrounds. Please chceck out the links below. More details on the website.

Info:

LOST HORIZON (5 €)

- 16 bit / 44,1 kHz
- 214 MB (44 single wav files)
- 49 nki files (11 basic, 28 single,
10 multi patches)
- slightly chorused electric guitar samples
executed in order to end like sci-fi,
dreamy, somnambulant soundscapes
- attack/release, filter, reverb, flanger,
delay and other FX GUI controls
- cool flickering animated blaze beyond the aperture :-)

http://www.atomhub.net/Lost_Horizon.html

The demo collage:

https://soundcloud.com/atomhub/lost-horizon-collage

Have a nice weekend !

Mato
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Atom Hub on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.atomhub.net
FREE and lowcost experimental sound libraries for Kontakt 5
KVRist

128 posts since 1 Sep, 2011

Postby NightofNi; Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:05 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

Amazing sound, design and price! Just bought it! Thanks for your work and have a nice weekend!
Always look on the bright side of life
KVRAF

7564 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

Wow, one and a half euro, for a scripted Kontakt instrument with over 50 patches.

:o

I can't say no :tu:
Ready to pounce
GJK
KVRist

267 posts since 9 Nov, 2007

Postby GJK; Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

gorgeous instrument !!.. you should do a whole series of ambient guitar instruments like this.. some light, clean and airy, some dark and distorted... !!!
KVRAF

7564 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

This instrument has Boards Of Canada written all over it.

The GUI with the the flashing sunlight doesn't distract from that.

A beautiful instrument in all regards :clap:
Ready to pounce
KVRist

148 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Arnhem, Netherlands

Postby evilantal; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

Superb!
Bought within a minute of receiving the email :)
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:33 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

thanks guys... ! have a great weekend :-)
www.atomhub.net
KVRian

1221 posts since 6 Jan, 2004, from The Netherlands

Postby Timfonie; Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:36 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

Speaking of no-brainers this is certainly one of them. Bought it immediately after listening to the demo track. Great ambience patches and there's 50 of them for merely 1.50€ :)
How can I get that mp3-player out of my brain?!
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:30 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

thanks for your interest and words friends and colleagues and of course, for your support. I think, I got inspired for creation of more libraries like this one, utilizing my main instrument - guitar :-). Have a good week

Mato
www.atomhub.net
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5 (1.50€)

Numanoid wrote:This instrument has Boards Of Canada written all over it.

The GUI with the the flashing sunlight doesn't distract from that.

A beautiful instrument in all regards :clap:

TRUE ! Thanks for geeting me to a very good e-music !
www.atomhub.net
KVRAF

4129 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:39 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

Nice one! :tu:
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

thanks Mr. Core :-)
www.atomhub.net
KVRAF

19204 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 am Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

Just bought this - glorious sounds! Great job.

tbh I think the flickering light could be a bit more subtle and less fast - it is nice to have the movement but it is too bright and fast not be be a little distracting, although I wouldn't want it off completely, just turned down a notch.
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Mon May 05, 2014 11:28 pm Re: Atom Hub "LOST HORIZON" for Kontakt 5

thanks Amused. Yes... I know animation can "ask for an attention", but I decided to add it for kind of atmosphere, feeling (and the gui can be minimized, so there is no need to look at it all the time). This version is already "subtleted" (it was even brighter) but I wanted to leave something preventing the viewer from direct looking "to the horizon" (like with the sun... we need it and love it, but we never look directly in to it) to kind of support the feelings like "what if, what is there, what is the mystery", something that makes you to shield the eyes with a palm...
www.atomhub.net

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries