Roland D50 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:James from Binary Music had replied at that Facebook discussion where Eric Persing posted:
I’m from Binary Music and after reading Eric’s comments above, I have decided to withdraw the LA-50 library from sale. Not contacting Eric before releasing this was a mistake and it gives the wrong impression of us.

My intention when starting this venture, was never to sample anything still in production or sample based and I should have stuck to that.
link for the discussion:
https://www.facebook.com/Synthtopia/pos ... eam_ref=10
One comment from Eric is quite strange. He mentioned doing your own D-50 patches and selling them as a sample library while ethically OK seems to be "technically illegal".
This seems to be strange as long as you provide samples of the full patches (like with the LA-50 library) and not raw samples of the ROM content.
One thing that fascinates me is how small the software/plugin community seems to be.

An indie vendor releases a "tribute" instrument, and the original creator gets right on the case.

It's like when ABBA had KLF destroy all their pressings of one of their first white label releases, because of an uncleared sample.

murnau wrote:i bought la-50 this morning because i saw this thing coming: the dev is a nice guy so his decision now didn't come that unexpected after reading the whiny persing fb comments today.
Yep, same here. I bought it immediately when I first read about it yesterday thinking this would be likely. And I'm happy I did. Screw Roland. If they would have brought out a D50 VST, I would have been one of the first customers in line to buy it.

Also bought the set last night cause I fancied some Pizzagogo action and was really impressed with it.

Sucks that the dev had to take it down cause it was unbelievable for the price. Can see myself picking up a few of his other libraries once payday comes around.

The dev was not forced to take it down. He took it down out of courtesy.

Great... And I just found out about this :(

Eric is trying to protect his work. He has every right to do so. Good for him. Im sick of internet whingers who think they have a right to access anything they want at any time.

Roland didnt make a D50 vst? Tough shit, they dont have to.

Want D50 sounds? Buy the hardware.

Kriminal wrote:Want D50 sounds? Buy the hardware.
theres no need for it: i have the LA-50.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Kriminal wrote:Eric is trying to protect his work. He has every right to do so. Good for him. Im sick of internet whingers who think they have a right to access anything they want at any time.

Roland didnt make a D50 vst? Tough shit, they dont have to.

Want D50 sounds? Buy the hardware.
I have to agree. Whether or not Roland (or Eric) ever release a D50 VST is their business. They don't have to if they don't want to. That doesn't make it legal for someone else to do it.

However, I have to applaud Binary Music for doing the right thing and pulling this product off the virtual shelf. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they can work out some kind of arrangement with Eric and re-release it.

In the meantime, here's a suggestion which I've mentioned before but never got around to trying myself: how about making your own D50-type instrument for Kontakt? Record your own attack samples and spectral loops, layer them with standard synth waveforms, and run it all through Kontakt's filters and effects. You can have the spirit of the D50 with your own, unique spin.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Want D50 sounds? Buy the hardware.
theres no need for it: i have the LA-50.. :D
Not the same, not even close.

Kriminal wrote:Not the same, not even close.
better tell that to this whiny guy eric then.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
tell him what? Some whiny bloke has some samples of his work?

He already knows.

Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:

He already knows.
no, tell him what i've quote from you then hopefully he stop to yammer on FB about. is that to difficult to understand? either LA-50 is a competitor or not and if it's not as you said why the hassle about?

i tell you what: i'm kind of guy who even donate to the free stuff i use but find this acting on FB is laughable!!! conclusion is that i'm glad i never bought something from persing' spectrasonics and i never will now.

murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:

He already knows.
no, tell him what i've quote from you then hopefully he stop to yammer on FB about. is that to difficult to understand? either LA-50 is a competitor or not and if it's not as you said why the hassle about?

competition for a discontinued synth? you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, its nothing to do with competition :roll:

jog on.

murnau wrote: i tell you what: i'm kind of guy who even donate to the free stuff i use but find this acting on FB is laughable!!! conclusion is that i'm glad i never bought something from persing' spectrasonics and i never will now.
Great. Now do you think you can you stop posting in every Omni thread about how you never bought anything from them and never will. :clap:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

i just had a thought..most synths from that era had 3rd parties selling presets.
some in cards,some in floppies and some with Sysex files

i guess there would be a loophole if we made some original d50 presets that we THEN sampled
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”