Revalver 4 announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

What I'm looking for first and foremost is med/high gain. S-gear covers my clean/crunch stuff (though I'm not opposed to it) What I want is something that sounds huge w/o any psychoacoustic crap and has tons of presence WITHOUT THE FREAKING FIZZ!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I grow weary......

hibidy wrote:What I'm looking for first and foremost is med/high gain. S-gear covers my clean/crunch stuff (though I'm not opposed to it) What I want is something that sounds huge w/o any psychoacoustic crap and has tons of presence WITHOUT THE FREAKING FIZZ!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I grow weary......
Ah, the dreaded fizz. I once sold my Line6 PODxt Live because my ears couldn't take that digital harshness anymore.

From what I heard and got to test in ReValver4 (there was only one boutique-ish mid gain amp in the early version I tested) I can tell you that although it was not on par with S-Gear, there was not a huge difference in terms of tone and feel, and I would easily qualify it second best, followed by IKMM AF, which is simply superb in it's clean/mid gain fender's amp emulation.

I am really excited about Peavey's newborn or rather re-born ampsim. I am seriously hoping that Peavey do not drop the ball on it this time.

In perspective though, for mid-gain and cleans, S-gear, IMHO, is still the smoothest, silkiest and creamiest of them all (damn, it feels like I just posted an add for a yogurt or something, lol)...with ReValver4 potentially with new amps rivaling it.

For everything else, I see Peavey's new offering on top of the charts.

I'm sure I'll upgrade to RV4 but I'll be surprised if it gets more use than S-Gear and X50. I'm in love with those plugs... Hope I'm wrong!

I've been back to amplitube lately :shrug: I dunno, I just flip flop :ud:

EvilDragon wrote:Might be worthy reading through the ultimatemetal forum thread about it. Sure enough, lots of people demand high gain amps like Framus Cobra, Peavey 5153, ENGL Savage 120 etc., but Shane mentioned there will be vintage amps too. And also probably 4-5 amps for initial release, then either custom shop addons or regular updates with more models as time goes by.
Thanks Boss! :tu: Checking out this thread now...

I can't get recabinet to work in live w/o crashing so I'm not really hopeful about it.

Sorry to hear that, hibidy. Shane is usually pretty goood at providing updates on Recabinet. But I think a lot of the recent bug fixes have been geared toward Pro Tools. It's too bad that it's not working well in Live.

3.x works fine but 3.5x (or is it now 3.6) doesn't.

Amp store will have better prices than others.
Many new amps, and tweakble like real amps. ReValver MKIII.V you only could tweak some.
Here you could mod the amp/effect like real.
Later (with Ampbuilder)you will be able to built your own amp (If you have the wisdom) and make any amp/effect from ground up with grafic.
The engine of ReValver 4 is complete new.
And release is soon.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2015
Cort Bass
Fluid F5
Presonus Audiobox iOne

when you say "effects" do you mean we will be able to build our own stompboxes? or ANY effects, e.g. analog rack FX?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

mba64 wrote:Later (with Ampbuilder)you will be able to built your own amp (If you have the wisdom) and make any amp/effect from ground up with grafic.
Nothing revolutionary there, it already exists as AcmeBarGig HeadCase.

EvilDragon wrote:
mba64 wrote:Later (with Ampbuilder)you will be able to built your own amp (If you have the wisdom) and make any amp/effect from ground up with grafic.
Nothing revolutionary there, it already exists as AcmeBarGig HeadCase.
not for FX it doesn't :-) plus, not for x64 and not for Mac.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Couldn't care less about Mac, and x64 bridges just fine in Reaper over here. :P I'm just saying it's nothing revolutionary, it's been done before.

we'll see. Head Case never really clicked with me, it's too clunky and unwieldy to use, and doesn't sound much different (if not inferior) to, say, S-Gear or more recent Amplitube models. so i'm looking forward to Revalver 4 :-)

I agree with clunkiness of it, definitely. It's a bitch to use and the GUI is not nice at all. All I'm saying that building amps from scratch is not a revolutionary game changing new thing at all.

Return to “Effects”