Reason?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

spaceman wrote:
EnGee wrote: Pulsar is free? I see it for $49 in the shop!
I believe it was free when v7 was released.
Oh I see. Maybe the previous owner didn't get it, or maybe the license is a new one.

Anyway, I got Synchronous and it is unbelievable gift! Actually, all the 7.1 update is a very generous update considering the new SDK!

pdxindy wrote:
TheoM wrote:Reason is far superior to bitwig IMO.. no contest..
Except for one thing... I cannot use my favorite plugins with Reason so it never even gets off the ground. Total showstopper for me.
I know what you mean there. I have a passion for certain plugins that I use constantly but when I am in Reason, I'm in Reason totally and that kind of focus, and freedom because of that "Limitation?" ( If you know what I mean), allows me to create like no other platform.

This time I didn't go for the Beta and this Synchronous was so "unexpected" at this stage... I can't stop experimenting.

Theo is right, CPU improvement from what I'm seeing this weekend fooling around.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Biscotto wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Except for one thing... I cannot use my favorite plugins with Reason so it never even gets off the ground. Total showstopper for me.
I know what you mean there. I have a passion for certain plugins that I use constantly but when I am in Reason, I'm in Reason totally and that kind of focus, and freedom because of that "Limitation?" ( If you know what I mean), allows me to create like no other platform.
Great if that works for you. There is zero chance I would want to do without my favorite synths.

Which is why I rewire...

I honestly admit that being missing from Bitwig is odd to me.

Probably because Rewire isn't available for Linux.

pdxindy wrote:
Biscotto wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Great if that works for you. There is zero chance I would want to do without my favorite synths.
Then keep on checking in and see if your plugins gets to be ported to the RE format. You never know.
Spire is on the list, and Imposcar could be next while u-he is not giving up yet.
Time will tell.

pdxindy wrote:
Blame bitwig for being the only host in existence that can't sync with reason for the best of both worlds.

thejonsolo wrote:Which is why I rewire...

I honestly admit that being missing from Bitwig is odd to me.
Strange omission.
I'm getting comfortable with BWS and I find very little need to rewire Reason lately.
It has great basic workflow and that's the key to build on a great system in time.
Coming from Live, it's quite fun to see the same concept being "Update" if you will.
These past few days just Reason and BWS. Great fun.

TheoM wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Blame bitwig for being the only host in existence that can't sync with reason for the best of both worlds.
Is that definitive? Is that a Linux issue?

Nothing's stopping them from incorporating rewire in osx and win versions. They just don't want to.

Part of that motivation may stem from a desire to maintain codebase parity across all 3 platforms. This is just their initial starting point though, so once they sort out all the other glaring issues perhaps they'll address a few of these platform specific ones including REX file support and MP3 export.

trimph1 wrote:
chk071 wrote:
stroker_ace wrote: It's like when people need to give medicine to their dogs; Propellerheads just wrapped a 129 euro upgrade fee in a half-assed rack extension called "Synchronous".
Do you think you won't survive without the newest rack extensions, or the newest version of Reason? :roll:
Someone must have have been after him about buying the new shiny :shrug:
No, I'm the only one who has any say over my discretionary income, and I've got a roomful of guitars to prove it. :D

I'm also already on R7......or 7.1, I should say.

I was just pointing out that for people who are still on 6.5, this is tantamount to a shakedown.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

pdxindy wrote:
Biscotto wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Word.

And there is a pitiful lack of options for guitar players in Reason. There are the two Kuassa rack extensions (pretty good), some musty old Line 6 models (awful), and that's it.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

EnGee wrote:Pulsar is free? I see it for $49 in the shop!
Pulsar was free for a month or so when Reason 6.5 was released. After that it's the price that you see. It was not free for Reason 7 users afaik.

EnGee wrote:
spaceman wrote:
EnGee wrote: Pulsar is free? I see it for $49 in the shop!
I believe it was free when v7 was released.
Oh I see. Maybe the previous owner didn't get it, or maybe the license is a new one.
It's an RE, so not transferable.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”