What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
cosmosis
KVRian
 
763 posts since 12 Jun, 2009

Postby cosmosis; Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 pm

guys tunes are sound weird sinse yesterday HALP

Image
It's
Davias
KVRian
 
689 posts since 3 Apr, 2013, from Belgium

Postby Davias; Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Igro wrote:How about the phase cancellation test?
Isn't it what I've done ?
Summing the waveform with its inversion in Audacity ? (just to confirm that I did the right thing for my test)
User avatar
Sendy
KVRAF
 
4452 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

cosmosis wrote:guys tunes are sound weird sinse yesterday HALP

Image


Lol! That's less of a watermark and more of a neon sign :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
mewthree
KVRist
 
32 posts since 16 Nov, 2013, from Turkey

Postby mewthree; Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:00 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

Sorry for bumping this thread once again but I think it's better than creating a new one.

I just can't see how that is possible these watermarks will be recognizable when it's in CDs or at Youtube?

Maybe it should be possible on some classical or neo-classical works but I can't see how that is attainable in a typical crowded electronic music which is often at the attention of this kind of hunt.

And considering these watermarks will happen consistently at same frequencies can't you just EQ them?

Then again all the frequencies clashing with each other shouldn't practically vaporize that marks? Perhaps a recognition for just a second is enough for validation?

And should i be more picky against watermarked software or sample libraries? Sample libraries as in Pianos not TOP EDM Produce Libraries.
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:20 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

mewthree wrote:I just can't see how that is possible these watermarks will be recognizable when it's in CDs or at Youtube?


it isn't. the watermark is in the original sample-library not in the tracks. it's there to protect the original sample-library (if somebody share the sample-library you can track it back to the buyer / obviously original owner).. ..thats all.

the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
mewthree
KVRist
 
32 posts since 16 Nov, 2013, from Turkey

Postby mewthree; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:16 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

Thank you for your clarification. I've got the concept totally wrong I guess.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
16557 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:26 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

murnau wrote:the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
Do you really think all pirates use stolen cards? I'm not so sure. Someone told me they just picked up Live 9 Suite on Ebay for £30 ... they paid via Paypal. I told him he's an idiot ( he thinks its a legit copy) and doubted it would work (or even turn up). There's no helping some people :shrug:
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2735 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:35 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

Sorry if this one was mentioned already...I didn't read all 12 pages on here

http://www.outputsounds.com/rev/
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:44 am Re: Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
murnau wrote:the problen is another: since no pirate pay with his real credit-card but use stolen credit-cards innocent people are charged. therefore the whole watermark system is pretty useless in reality.
Do you really think all pirates use stolen cards? I'm not so sure. Someone told me they just picked up Live 9 Suite on Ebay for £30 ... they paid via Paypal. I told him he's an idiot ( he thinks its a legit copy) and doubted it would work (or even turn up). There's no helping some people :shrug:


sorry i dont understand your post as the thread is about watermarks not about fishy warez sales on ebay.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments