Simple Kontakt Library Creator for MAC

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just letting you guys know that i have made simple Kontakt .nicnt and wallpaper editor for MAC

its not free but its very cheap and you can grab it here

http://abyssmultimedia.com/Kontacted/

enjoy

Something's wrong with your image. It downloads, but, it doesn't show up here or on your web page, for me.

Are you aware that your program is breaking Kontakt's EULA?

EvilDragon wrote:Are you aware that your program is breaking Kontakt's EULA?
And on another recent thread you wrote:
Persing did a very snide thing here, acting on behalf of the company he's no longer part of.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &p=5713911

Irony much. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Not really. I'm not acting on behalf of NI - I'm just warning the OP. The method he's doing is done by reverse-engineering of Kontakt's file formats (.nicnt in particular), which is strictly forbidden by the EULA. It's also interesting to note that this hack first emerged on warez communities (googling helps here). So, asking money, however small for this... Dubious, I'd say.

I can easily warn NI about this, though, as I beta-test for them... Will I, it's an entirely different question.

He can't POSSIBLY be in breach of Kontakt's EULA. He's spelled it "Kontact" - it MUST be a different product. Besides, as stated, not only is this hack available in several iterations all over the net, none of them actually work. At least not on an updated, fully licensed version of Kontakt. Someone over at Sampleism made some of these for libraries he was selling, and while they DID show up in the library tab, the Activate button in Kontakt and the request for Serial in Service Center never went away, and, IMO, makes it less than worthwhile to go through the hassle. The fact that someone is trying to make money from this freely available hack should be reported... but to whom...

Ben H wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Are you aware that your program is breaking Kontakt's EULA?
And on another recent thread you wrote:
Persing did a very snide thing here, acting on behalf of the company he's no longer part of.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &p=5713911

Irony much. :roll:
two complete different things. ED gave you the right answer.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

EvilDragon wrote:So, asking money, however small for this... Dubious, I'd say.
I doubt there's anything Native Instruments can do against this. He might have broken a EULA, but that doesn't mean much per se. That said, I wouldn't call it dubious, I call it unethical. Don't pay money for this piece of software or whatever it is, and beware that downloading from shady sites is a good way to get infected.

They can do a C&D for sure.

If Ni just let us add our own libraries then this would not be needed.

Problem solved.

NI lets the dev do that, but it costs money. And you can easily build your own library in the Quickload section. Much more flexible than the library.

sorry .. i didn't see this post till just now

its for people who like to make their own custom libraries and would like to skin it

evil dragon im not reverse engineering or being dubious and i fail to see why you would be so upset to the point that you want to alert a mod

i made a tool that most will probably find very useful and its cheap as possible

My program is not called KONTAKT EDITOR nor does it IMPLY its part of NI KONTAKT how ever
Kontakt will read the file my program creates.

Kontakt is a great program and mine makes it even better more people might even buy kontakt because of it
wouldn't that be great

Cheers
Dazz

The question is not if it's an editor, the question is if it lets anyone add a library to the free Kontakt Player or not. That's what the library is for, and I doubt you don't know that.

" Don't pay money for this piece of software or whatever it is, and beware that downloading from shady sites is a good way to get infected"

excuse me but what are you implying here if i read this correctly i think I'm going to take offence to that statement and seek out some legal advice. Your not pointing out some random website your pointing out my website which has stood for over 20 years selling my products and my services and here you are informing my potential customers not to buy my product... why because I've created something that you didn't ? Jealousy perhaps ? you like to ruin other peoples businesses maybe ? you can't adjust to change ?

Obviously you must have a pretty good reason to say something like that or am i misreading what you have said .. because if I'm not misreading it you stepped over the line there and I'm taking great offence to the statement you have made ..

oh and by the way it runs on PC now too

Sorry for the taboo question, but... is this editor for some cracked versions or smth?Because, as far as I can tell, there is no way to build your own library in Kontakt. If yes, let me know how (since all my patches and instruments built by myself for now are in the browser, the only "libraries" with wallpapers and such are the NI ones). Am I missing smth?
Last edited by mhog on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”