PsySpaceRock "Dialectric Pickle" now ver.2 -> -> -> -> -> ->

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT - be back in a few days with a new version. Thanks.

Here`s the lineup;

Host - Nuendo II
- Backing track - w/Chainer to audio .wav
- - - Step seqrs
- NRG-A
- Crisalys
- - - Drums
- Groove Agent
- - - Vocal call
- ?
- - - Organ
- Dimension Pro - (Hammond jazz[customized])
- vst - BBE Free Fuzz - Nuendo Rotory(slow flange) - Nuendo Reverb B - GClip
- - - Lead
- FM7 (crytal[customized])
- - - Output
- TRacks Opto-Compressor(my setup) - LimitX(brick wall limiter)
Last edited by annode on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

too long with bass type melody in whole 13 min track
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I really like this! I love that burbly bass riff and the lead sounds over the top of it, and the mix - just listened on headphones, so hypnotic!

mysticvibes wrote:too long with bass type melody in whole 13 min track
I can see why you may be having trouble with this 13mins.
When I later listened to this soundcloud compressed version over the .wav i`ve been listening to, I noticed that it lost a lot of it`s detail from maybe harmonic distortion in the compression process of an overly busy and top end limited .wav file. Without good detail, 13mins of two morphing synth seqrs can be tiring.

Going to repost a file, (ver.2) without the brickwall limiter and with a lower output level. Maybe it will translate better after SC compresses it.

Thanks for your feedback on that. :)

kryptonaut wrote:I really like this! I love that burbly bass riff and the lead sounds over the top of it, and the mix - just listened on headphones, so hypnotic!
Yeah, been listening with phones since after producing it last night, and wow! The way it all sounds together, especially w/phones sounds incredible in places.
Hope to have a much better quality version up soon.(ver.2)
Ver.3 will be an extended performance version. There are a few places I can add and improve on the organ and lead parts.

Thanks or listening and telling you liked it. :)
PS: Will post what vst I used. The seqr synths were both 'Synthedit'.
Back with more in few.

What synths were you using around 830 part? I think I can hear two, maybe and organ and synth legato? Interesting sounds, I would work on song structure and again make track shorter or mixup bass a little with some filtering... DAW?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I would work on song structure and again make track shorter or mixup bass a little with some filtering... DAW?
Yes, I plan to work more on the composition itself. It was a relatively quick initial production.
I posted the project lineup in my original post above.

Thanks again for your critique.

It reminds of a Klaus Schulze only a little more aggressive. I think it has potential but it I find it gets pretty monotonous. I think Schulze's trick, which could work well on this, is to get superb synth sounds and introduce very slow, subtle changes.

Frantz wrote:It reminds of a Klaus Schulze only a little more aggressive. I think it has potential but it I find it gets pretty monotonous. I think Schulze's trick, which could work well on this, is to get superb synth sounds and introduce very slow, subtle changes.
Hi Frantz, thanks for replying.
Yes, its a Schulze emulation for sure. Of course i`m not alone. :)
Your right that it needs a lot of work to keep it fresh along the way and I intend on doing just that. I have the basic ideas laid down from the other night, and I think I can expand on them and add new sounds & ideas. A mid-point seqr break is in my mind. The drms/seqrs are an unchangeable audio track..so editing some things are trickier.

Not getting replies in here...so something must smell bad. :lol:
Over 200 ppl came in to listen, 3 comments. :o haha

annode wrote: Not getting replies in here...so something must smell bad. :lol:
Over 200 ppl came in to listen, 3 comments. :o haha
Image Unfortunately, most EDM kids are going to be baffled by something like this. Schulze was at his peak 35 years ago but seems to be forgotten these days. I tells ya, kids today have no respect.

Image Unfortunately, most EDM kids are going to be baffled by something like this. Schulze was at his peak 35 years ago but seems to be forgotten these days. I tells ya, kids today have no respect.
Hahaha. That be truth. I have a lot of respect for the youth today, they are mainly well versed with the classic,important music of yesteryear. There is always an 'intellencia' no matter how old we get. :) It used to matter to me whether I got replies, but after 10-11 yrs in here, I know better and it doesn`t matter as it once had. I do feel better that you came back in to pat me on the back mate.
Thanks Frantz. :)

sounds like it could be part of a sci-fi movie soundtrack. coo

mrblitz wrote:sounds like it could be part of a sci-fi movie soundtrack. coo
Hmmm, that hasn`t crossed my mind...i`ll consider that when I get back to that track. :)

BTW Mr.Blitz, I own a Commodore Vic20 :lol:

EDIT - (after another listen) YEAH! I hear that now! Cool.
I`ll keep the 'fright flick' image in mind as I work on it. Thanks Mr. Blitz. :D

wow, this sounds even better than the version i favorited on soundcloud yesterday! :tu:

I really like the intro on this....stacking the ecco arpeggiation with the intro orchestral riff is draws me right in...love it! ...this would be perfect for my Yoga classes.....thanks for sharing! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”