Does something like this exist in reaktor?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I find this stuff interesting and funny to jam with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWhLDNKpZg ;
Do you know if there is a similar project in reaktor?

Thanks,

T

That's awesome
first of all, no, not something exactly like this (Max4Live has the advantage that it's able to directly manipulate midi clips, Reaktor won't have that)
if you are looking for other midi sequencer/generators, check out Spiral in the Factory Library. It generates midi live, you can record midi data from it in another channel etc. It's definitely a bit more 'random' than the m4l patch in the video, look up some youtube documentation first if you like.
I've made a chord generator midi device in reaktor (it's called OctoDactylus and it's in the User Library on the NI website), but that's maybe a far away from the topic :)

Yes thanks For your answer,
i don't mind if it doesn't generate midi I am just interested in generating the patterns with same kind of controls as in this video (scales, notes, time signatur etc with a bit of randomisation) but spiral is definitely too random I am looking for something more similar than the one in the video :)
I will also try your chprd devic, I got reaktor a few weeks ago and like to discover jew ensembles :)

taldt33 wrote:Yes thanks For your answer,
i don't mind if it doesn't generate midi I am just interested in generating the patterns with same kind of controls as in this video (scales, notes, time signatur etc with a bit of randomisation) but spiral is definitely too random I am looking for something more similar than the one in the video :)
I will also try your chprd devic, I got reaktor a few weeks ago and like to discover jew ensembles :)

I'm trying to recall if I've seen any riff generators and nothing comes to mind. This is one of those areas where max has a bit of an edge over Reaktor, it's just less hassle to deal with midi streams in max. It's not that complex of a patch though so maybe someone will do something like it in Reaktor.

Try the Akkord sequencer (part of Akkord from EIv2).

ew
A spectral heretic...

i tried this yesterday
worked for @5minutes
then stopped
no longer generates clips

Spiral can be really effective
if you limit its range and number of notes
record the MIDI out
and separate out the good stuff

dave

Thanks for your answer,

I have watched some akkord tutorials and it seems powerful, but it comes with an included synth and I would like to use only the sequencer and route midi to another ableton track, how can I do that? (I am new to reaktor).
Or does a stand alone version exist in the user library?

Though I think I will get an arturia beatstep it will be funnier to generate patterns on the fly :)

taldt33 wrote:Thanks for your answer,

I have watched some akkord tutorials and it seems powerful, but it comes with an included synth and I would like to use only the sequencer and route midi to another ableton track, how can I do that? (I am new to reaktor).
Or does a stand alone version exist in the user library?

Though I think I will get an arturia beatstep it will be funnier to generate patterns on the fly :)
Put reaktor on its own track, just delete the synth, and follow the instructions here to route the midi to your instrument track.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... eton-live/

Actually, my above instructions were incomplete for Akkord. You do delete the synth, it's just in your way, or leave it in if you want to layer its sounds, it doesn't matter.

So, make sure that edit is on. (click the edit icon that looks like three connected blocks next to the topmost snapshot dropdown)

Double click below the synth to get into the structure of the synth.

The akkord sequencer is on the left, the synth on the right.

Double click on the akkord seqeuncer.
Double click on the macro labeled SQ
Double click on the macro labeled out

Now, down at the bottom you should see a box labeled SEQUENCER MID. This box is an instrument and needs its output routed to the plugin.

Single click to select that box.

Now, go to the connect tab and select plugin under midi out, to external devices.

At this point your sequencer should be sending midi out of the plugin and you can use the rest of the notes in that link above to link it to other channels.

I'm not sure why they buried an instrument two layers deep inside macros or if there is a shorter way to force all internal instruments to output their midi, but it didn't work for me until I did this. I've used this before, so I must have forgot that the additional steps were required.

The right way to do this is to move the internal midi out module to the top level of the instrument. You would just have to add pitch/gate outs to each of the macros.

Hope this helps. If I'm not being clear or you can't get it to work, let me know.

Thanks for your explanations I am away froml home for a few days but will try it ASAP and let you know

Return to “Modular Synthesis”